Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Corporate Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Brief description: Provides input into strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation and coordination of various UNIX and Linux operating systems across the enterprise. Participates in managing build and maintenance activities of selected Linux/Unix technical environments. This includes Linux/Unix program products, utilities, third-party software and projects for corporate and operating company entities in coordination with managed services partners. Responsibilities include 3rd level support of pSeries hardware including Hardware Management Console, logical partitions, Virtual IO servers, and associated peripherals.
Supervisor: Team Lead, SWMS Platform
Description of Responsibilities:
- Ability to operate across multiple projects simultaneously and assume responsibility for the appropriate technical implementation of projects in an agile team environment.
- Performs implementation and integration of commercial and Sysco proprietary applications into legacy systems.
- Participates in managing technical aspects of large cross-functional IT projects including build vs. buy analysis, software selection, infrastructure requirements and build out development and system integrations.
- Performs product evaluations and proof of concepts for new technologies.
- Works directly with the business and IT team to conceive and implement a solution to satisfy various business challenges and objectives.
- Researches and maintains knowledge in emerging technologies and the possible application to business challenges. Acts as an internal consultant, advocate, mentor, agile team member and change agent.
- Reviews specifications for software solutions utilizing appropriate software engineering processes – either individually or in concert with project or agile team
- Provides design recommendations based on long-term IT organization strategy while driving new and innovative solutions.
- Assists in troubleshooting and resolving system problems.
- Participates in IT technical project development meetings and provides input on possible solutions, pitfalls, and issues regarding initiatives.
- Strategically plans for the future as system solutions are developed and designed.
- Provides technical vision when reviewing the design of new and innovative solutions
- Works with the Enterprise Architecture group to adhere to technical standards to be used when implementing and designing solutions.
- Accountable for providing accurate estimates to proposed solutions.
- Meets scheduled milestones to ensure project/program objectives are met in a timely manner and has an in-depth knowledge of the principles, theories, practices, and techniques for managing the activities related to planning, managing and implementing systems.
- Assists in the development of project plans/agile sprints.
- Approaches projects in a cross-functional manner.
- Assists in coordination of systems analysis and applications development activities.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
- BS or BA in Information Technology or 5 or more years of Linux/Unix experience required. Must have a stable work background with technical administration and support experience. Must demonstrate via written and verbal exam, a working knowledge of Linux and AIX operating environments. Educational requirements can be offset by commensurate work experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience supporting both large and small (IBM Power preferred) environments including virtualization, hardware and storage.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the implementation and maintenance of an enterprise-wide High Availability and Business Continuity environment
- Experience in managing a hosted, non-hosted, managed services and/or cloud environments.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and provide solutions for complex infrastructure issues
- Demonstrate strong performance troubleshooting skills across multiple platforms
- Proven ability to work in a business-critical, fast paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge /understanding of support processes and methodologies, e.g. incident management, change control management, service validation and testing, etc.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (e.g. PowerPoint; Excel; Visio; MS Project)
- Be aware of emerging technologies and industry trends and have the ability to leverage them in assigned product group initiatives
- Ability to collaborate with business partners, vendors and cross functional groups during implementation
- Ability to engage as a consultative face of IT to the business and enable technology to address business challenges and improve operational efficiency
- Ability to integrate technologies with existing business initiatives using understanding of business processes and customers’ needs
- Good understanding of governance framework (roles and responsibility, escalation and communication process, handoffs and control points) in managed services
- Ability to manage conflict with partners and cross functional groups within business and IT
- Ability to make recommendations on continuous improvements in support and development initiatives and facilitate implementation with agile team members, partners and cross functional groups within business and IT
- Good understanding of Global Delivery Model (GDM)
- Ability to work with multi-national teams, understand and respect cultural diversity and develop messages that help achieve objectives with diverse audiences
- Excellent skills in communication, change management, and diagnosis of sources of problems in both systems and business processes
- Ability to understand the change and lead teams up the change curve so they’re “ready, willing and able”
- Enthusiastic towards learning opportunities for self and team
- Agile open team office environment.
- Business Operating Hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. with occasional overtime, weekends, or night hours. Flex hours available within 2 hours of normal business operating hours.
- Provides 24/7 backup to the on call support staff.
- Minimal travel required, approximately 0 - 10%, and will vary based on project requirements. International travel is possible.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time