Financial Systems Analyst II,
Company: SBS Cypress
Zip Code: 77429
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 9
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of financial software. Ensures that all financial processes and modules are meeting organizational needs.
- Designs and refines processes to be used within the SBS GL team which promote efficiency and accuracy
- Collaborates with IT and finance staff to meet business requirements
- Ensures that consistent practices are used throughout the company to maintain the integrity of the Chesapeake T-Recs system
- Works with SBS Change Champions
- Applies complex, specialized accounting principles
- Supports the business by creating and running scripts, TRAM maintenance, creating monitoring tools, Maintains GL data elements including cost centers, profit centers, cost elements, and statistical key figures
- Supports Weekly, Period, Quarterly, and Year End Close Activities
- Liaises closely with Site and Corporate Finance as well as Chesapeake System Solutions team as appropriate
- Validates external interfaces and sub ledgers
- Supports our internal and external customers' needs
- Participates in performance management
- Acts as a resources for colleagues with less experience
- Duties as assigned
- 5+ years related experience, with emphasis on areas such as report development, system administration, business analytics, and process improvement
- High level of proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook)
- Excel level: Data connections, macros, advanced vlookups, pivot tables, subtotals, complex formulas (i.e. Ifiserror, sumifs).
- Access Level: Advanced queries, ability to read SQL, ODBC, familiar with relational database concepts, and client-server concepts
Education and / or Experience:
- MBA preferred or BBA in related degree with an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job
- Ability to perform high level analysis, interpret and evaluate precedents and data and recommend solutions to non-recurring problems.
- Develops non-standard reports and statements requiring interpretation and analysis of trends
- Demonstrates ability in using independent judgment in determining how to approach and solve problems.
- Works independently to research and resolve variances, aged items, and potential problems
- Proves to be self-starter in decision making
- Ability to think through multiple alternatives and potential consequences to determine the best outcome.
- Identifies problems regarding management needs, auditing, account structures, and accounting systems.
- Able to work cooperatively with others in a group environment and across various departments within the organization.
- Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills with good vocabulary and good grammar.
- Ability to prepare accurate, effective, complete and easily understood written communication and reports.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time