Company: Newport Meat of Nevada
Location: US-NV-Las Vegas
Zip Code: 89118
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Newport Meat of Nevada
General Purpose of the Position:
The purpose of this position is to deliver and unload various products for Sysco Desert Meats’ customers. This requires using excellent customer service skills, and working in accordance with state and DOT regulations and Sysco Safety Preferred Work Methods. Overtime hours, working weekends and holidays, and starting at various early morning start times are required in order to successfully meet customers’ needs.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate vehicle in a variety of traffic and weather conditions to deliver product within assigned route schedule and time windows. Immediately inform management team of any deviations.
- Unload product from trailer, by hand or using hand cart, and place in designated customer storage areas. May include transporting product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions.
- Operate assigned STS unit to generate invoices. Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Contact management for authorization when discrepancies on invoice and communicate all errors/returns.
- Collect money (cash or checks) where required, and turn in all funds collected daily.
- Pickup, load and unload damaged goods and customer returns, and complete necessary paperwork.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Sysco policies and procedures.
- Perform coupling procedures for the tractor/trailer as needed.
- Complete Department of Transportation (DOT) logs (electronic or manual as required), company vehicle maintenance reports and reconcile with appropriate company representative as required.
- Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including but not limited to hand cart, pallets, load bars, STS unit, and personal protective equipment. Follow SyscoSafe preferred work methods at all times, and immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Maintain sanitary conditions in tractor and trailer and assist with maintaining sanitary conditions in the warehouse and yard.
- Meet or exceed minimum productivity levels established by the Company.
- Effectively plan and organize work activities independent of direct supervision.
- Develop a good working knowledge of product and inventory control techniques and procedures.
- Maintain ongoing inter-department communications related to routing, safety, and customer relations.
- Meet or exceed established cases per error goals
- Demonstrate strong customer relations and problem resolution skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Job Skills:
- Must be 21+ years of age
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License with a “clean” driving record (i.e. no single DUI in the last three (3) years and no multiple DUI’s within the last seven (7) years).
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations.
- Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, the following certifications: Hazardous Cargo.
- Pallet breakdown and hand cart delivery experience.
Education and Experience:
Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Experience: Two (2) years local food or beverage delivery experience, with one (1) year of commercial driving experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to frequently lift, push, or move product that weighs up to 100 pounds; frequently reach up to 72” to stack and unstack pallets and hand cart; constantly bend and twist while loading and unloading product, and retrieving items from trailer.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time