Facility Technician II
Company: Sysco Doerle
Zip Code: 70518
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
This position is located at 113 Kol Dr, Broussard, LA, 70518
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This is an Operations position responsible for assisting in overseeing the safe operation, daily monitoring and maintenance of large scale industrial computer based ammonia systems and office HVAC systems. Provide assistance to Refrigeration Tech II & III and Facility Manager to ensure assets (Refrigeration/HVAC/Electrical systems) are managed in accordance with the following: IIAR (International Institute of Ammonia Refrigeration), ASHRE (American Society of HVAC and Refrigeration Engineers), ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers), EPA, OSHA and applicable State and Local Codes. The ideal candidate will have HVAC/R schooling, RETA Certified Industrial Refrigeration Operator (CIRO) certification, universal EPA, and at least four years' experience with service/maintenance of HVAC / R.
- Perform required inspections and preventive maintenance of refrigeration storage equipment ranging from 50 HP to 3,000 HP
- Use working knowledge of screw and reciprocal compressors, electrical troubleshooting all common types of ammonia central systems, & control/alarm systems to perform inspections and preventative maintenance as required
- Knowledge of controls and electric (high and low voltage)
- Knowledge of PC – PLC based master refrigeration control systems
- Maintains the freezer and cooler ammonia system through scheduled preventative maintenance activities includes the areas listed below to ensure the full functioning of all refrigeration units.
- Checking, draining and filling oil levels as needed
- Oil analysis
- Filter changes
- Checking, adjusting, or replacing all belts as needed
- Checking for ammonia leaks on roof above freezers or around the units themselves
- Checking compressors and cycle operation of each
- Checking condensers and cycle operations of each unit
- Responsible for logging time and materials into computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) on a daily basis in the form of work orders, P.M.s, etc.
- Checking, changing or filling water treatment chemical levels
- Oversee and manage Refrigeration, Electrical, and HVAC systems including
- Monitoring and trending
- Troubleshooting and repairs (Compressors, condensers, fans, heating, cooling, contactors, motors, microprocessors, frequency drives, etc.)
- Leak detection
- Conducting required inspections and reporting
- Glycol under floor warming system knowledge
- Evaluating and implementing energy management strategies
- Ensure product integrity is maintained through temperature monitoring & control
- Evaluating and reporting equipment condition
- Completes small electrical repairs and welding projects as needed, to reduce contract or purchase of needed services
- Responsible for daily communication of all pertinent information regarding system operation and maintenance to departmental management and maintenance teams
- Responsible for housekeeping and cleanup of refrigeration machine rooms, refrigeration maintenance areas, and all project areas on a daily basis
- Required to interpret and understand plans and specifications, schematics, operating and maintenance manuals, etc. for systems being overseen
- Conducts audits ensuring all required inspections and documentation are completed accurately (including but not limited to food safety documentation, ePSM, PSM, etc.)
- Checking condition of freezer and cooler curtains.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with HVAC equipment.
- Repair or replace defective equipment, components, or wiring on HVAC equipment's
- Carry out preventative maintenance tasks and inspections on HVAC equipment
- Suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with the implementation of changes within the facility maintenance dept.
- Works requires exposure to extreme cold and heat and working around ammonia, noise, dirt, dust, paint, grease and high voltage wires.
- Performs all other duties as assigned, including non-refrigeration tasks
- Facility, light carpentry, painting, light plumbing, changing of light bulbs, and repair of minor electrical devices
- Grounds maintenance
- Demonstrate an understanding and adherence to all work safety policies, procedures and governing requirements
- Participate in departmental on-call program, as designated
- Utilize computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) on a daily basis to order necessary parts, devices, etc. to properly repair or complete assigned work orders, following department procedures
- Maintain all tools and equipment in clean, safe, working order
- Maintain adequate inventory of related parts to perform assigned duties
- Maintain technical skills and required certifications to perform job duties
- Adhere to all safety requirements and wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment required by the job
- Respond to emergency situations to ensure employee and facility safety
- Champion overall safety in the department
- Comply with OSHA, and other local, state and federal regulations
- Cooperate and collaborate with Organization's leadership to champion and meet the strategic goals of the Organization's system
- Adhere to Organization and the Facilities Department policies and procedures including appropriate attire, grooming and attendance
- Serve on departmental and/or organizational committees or focus groups as requested and needed
- Interact effectively, build relationships, and demonstrate a high level of cooperation
Education and / or Experience:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED);
- HVAC / R tech school preferred
- Four years of industrial HVAC / R experience; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Preferred experience with anhydrous ammonia (R717)
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Must possess a valid state Driver's License and provide proof of liability coverage meeting Company standards. Complete a Sysco approved defensive driving program.
- Obtain a Powered Industrial Equipment Certification from Sysco within 3 months
- HAZWOPER 24 hrs. Training required/Respirator Fit Test/Physical
- Universal EPA certification
- RETA Certified Assistant Refrigeration Operator (CARO) certification
- Obtain RETA Certified Industrial Refrigeration Operator (CIRO) certification within 6 months of employment. This is a prerequisite to advance to Refrigeration Operator III / Service Tech (Master)
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, and ability to learn Sysco technology software and programs.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The associate is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to wear a respirator and pass fit test.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work in confined spaces. The associate works non-traditional business hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call. The associate may occasionally be required to travel to other Operating Companies or the corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.). The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and confined spaces. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employeewill be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time