Company: Trinity Seafood
Zip Code: 08701
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Assist with the set-up, maintenance and closing of production of facility.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Removes trash and garbage to designated areas
- Ensure dry warehouse is clean, neat and orderly
- Change light bulbs and light tubes.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs floors following safety and cleaning guidelines
- Perform seasonal maintenance, shovel/de-ice walkways, sidewalks
- Perform duties of a Forklift Operator including maneuver Stand-Up Forklift.
- Manually lift pallets to move into place.
- Manually stock/pick cases of product into warehouse.
- Operate an electric pallet jack or clamp machine to transport pallets of product off inbound trucks. Compile un-palletized products onto pallets.
- Cleans walls, windows and steam cleans trashcans
- Cleans restrooms twice per shift
- Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas by hand or hand truck
- Loads and unloads supply trucks
- Consistently maintain a clean and attractive environment in and around the facility including cleaning of doors, restrooms, offices, steps, curbs, sidewalks and alleyway.
- Immediately report any mechanical problems or vandalism to the Shift Supervisor.
- Complete other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Responsible for following and maintaining company policies regarding employee handbook and corporate policies.
Skills and Competencies:
- Work independently, be reliable, responsible, dependable
- Demonstrated ability to interact with others.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks at once.
- Demonstrated commitment to work until job is completed
- Customer-service oriented
- Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions.
The work environment is cold (between the 35-45 degrees) and while performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle objects, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must be able to lift and/or move items up to 25-80 pounds. Normal levels of eyesight and hearing after correction. Color vision is required. Ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate equipment is necessary. The ability to smell in order to detect levels of wholesomeness and spoilage.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time