Customer Service Representative
Company: North Star Seafood
Zip Code: 33166
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Responsible for accurately processing customer orders via fax, phone and/or email and E-Sysco. Responsible for maintaining accounts and their routing schedules. Must be able to work alternate Saturday’s and some holidays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with customers at all times
- Attend department and company meetings as scheduled.
- Conduct all business in a professional and ethical manner.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
- Must be knowledgeable in all product lines in order to assist customers.
- Establishes customer telephone contact in an effective and timely manner
- Responsible for accurately entering customer orders in a timely manner. Verify customer number, name and delivery date.
- Ensures customer problems are handled in a timely manner and to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Reviews orders for out-of-stocks, Task Manager and Pick- ups; follow-up
- Consult Merchandisers for details on merchandise, i.e. pack size, dates, etc.
- Communicate to Transportation and Routing on variations of deliveries.
- Communicate with inventory control on product discrepancies.
- Expedite customer needs for Pick-ups and credit.
- Attend monthly sales meetings to keep informed of new products and changes, when required.
- Communicate regularly with Account Executive (AE) with O/S, special orders, customer issues, etc.
- Run duplicate and high quantity reports and correct discrepancies.
- Assist Marketing Associates (MA”S) with pick-ups, will-calls, special orders, etc.
- Take new account leads and process to District Managers (DSM).
- Perform other duties as directed by Supervisor.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to plan and organize time and projects efficiently.
- Ability to act in an ethical, honest and professional manner at all times.
- Desire to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Discretion with all company information regarding customers, pricing, products, procedures.
- High school diploma or GED; one or more years of experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to accurately follow detailed procedures and processes.
- Ability to work accurately in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Excellent organizational and follow through skills.
- Must be detailed oriented
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays as needed.
- Ability to work comfortably under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize and work multiple tasks and exceeds deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and with a group on various on-going projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal, written and telephone communication skills.
- Ability to write short correspondence
- Effectively communicate with internal and external customers (management, co-workers, vendors and customers).
- Ability to speak and write English in a clear, understandable manner. Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus.
- Ability to spell.
- Ability to operate an automobile or arranged transportation to meet demands of the position.
- Maintain a valid Florida driver’s license.
- Must be able to perform basic arithmetic calculations (e.g., addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentage functions.)
- Must have the ability to carry out instructions furnished in both oral nad written form.
- Personal computer experience and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to concentrate for extended periods of time.
- Ability to exchange and furnish information requiring detailed explanations and maintain active discussions with customers and other work groups.
- Experience with Sysco Proprietary computer systems (Spin, Sil, Ssc, &E-Sysco a plus)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to use hands, arms, and/or feet for lifting and operating office equipment such as computers, telephones, facsimile machines, 10-key calculators, etc.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit/stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Requires the ability to read written instructions, reports and other documentation.
- Must be able to bend and stoop occasionally to reach file cabinets, boxes, etc.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; walk stairs; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift, carry and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee will regularly work in extreme temperatures in the warehouse, office, dock environment ranging from -11 to 95 degrees or above.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
EEO/AA – M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
This job description is not an employment contract. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, Other than an "at will" relationship. The company reserves the right to change the job description and the job duties at any time without notice. I certify that I understand the job description, I possess the above qualifications, and that I can perform each of the above functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time