Inbound Warehouse Manager
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Hawaii
Zip Code: 96819
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This is an Operations position responsible for managing the activities associated with day warehouse operations, such as product receiving, overseeing all operations of the warehouse to ensure safety and security, providing management and direction to warehouse staff, and performing other related duties as required.
Operations Management includes the following:
- Develops and promotes warehouse goals and objectives while working with operations management in planning and supervising activities.
- Assists in planning and developing a warehouse operating budget. Evaluations warehouse operations in terms of fiscal management to ensure all activities are within budgetary constraints.
- Assists in developing and maintaining warehouse communications with other departments in an effort to enhance the warehouse's overall efficiency.
- Analyzes, identifies and proposes solutions to problems regarding operations of the warehouse in an effort to increase the effectiveness of the operations department.
- Provides supervision of subordinates in order to maintain warehouse efficiency.
Receiving Management includes the following:
- Ensures, through management of personnel, the accurate receiving of products including checking that received products correspond with the number of cases, package size, and other descriptions of the product as listed on shipping order. Also ensures, through personnel management that products are slotted correctly.
Safety and Security Management includes the following:
- Manages the maintenance of the warehouse in an effort to reduce accidents and eliminate damage/loss to products and ensures that staff comply with all SYSCO policies concerning safety and security of warehouse activities in an effort to reduce accidents and product loss.
- Enforces policies concerning security of warehouse and monitors for incidence of product theft in an effort to reduce product loss of incident of theft.
Personnel Management includes the following:
- Conducts assessments, as needed, to determine training and development needs of staff and provides appropriate training and development to staff as needed.
- Assists in personnel recruitment and selection as required and assists in the orientation of new employees to increase retention rates and reduce employee turnover.
- Conducts formal employee performance evaluations, when needed or annually, for the purpose of relating expectations to the warehouse staff and provides evaluation documentation.
- Monitors work and provides feedback, continuously, on the performance of day warehouse personnel in an effort to relate expectations to the staff and identify poor performance levels.
- Monitors and completes payroll process on a weekly basis for all warehouse employees affected by the pay for performance system.
- Completes personnel records and forms as required and assists in human resource actions as required.
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Quality - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Pass mandatory ergonomics testing.
- Upper level education preferred.
Education and / or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Good working knowledge of the following: inventory control practices and procedures, including forms associated with inventory control, product lines and their dimensions; products sold by SYSCO; SYSCO safety and security policies; equipment associated with warehouse activities and the operation of the equipment; management principles including developing objectives, projecting and managing under a budget, evaluating department operations, and managing and motivating employees; necessary interdepartmental communications related to warehouse and safety activities.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize your own work activities; analyze and disseminate numerical data; manage work time efficiently; follow procedures and policies; perform basic mathematical calculations; identify and solve problems; maintain a file system to include alphabetical, numerical, and chronological filing activities.
- Possess excellent computer skills and have a working knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to manage the pressures and stress associated with a deadline-oriented atmosphere.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee may have to lift up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities that may be required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work environment varies between office, warehouse and field locations. This includes, but is not limited to: various outdoor and indoor climates and driving conditions. Primarily in an office environment.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time