Dir, Fleet Technology Program
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Corporate Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 7
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This person will be responsible for leading the NEW Fleet Technology Program across the global enterprise primarily for Over-the-Road Vehicles, Material Handling Equipment, and its supporting infrastructure which will include an assessment of current and emerging technologies for environmental impact, operational reliability and productivity, and return on investment, among others.
- Lead the development of the refrigerated trailer of the future
- Primary electric power -- battery / shore
- Back-up diesel power
- Photo-voltaic assist
- Lead the development of electric tractors and other alternate fuel vehicles specific to Sysco's application
- Consult or lead programs for alternative vehicle platforms
- Lead the shore power initiative program
- Responsible for maintaining and updating Over-the-Road Fleet and MHE specifications and options
- Performs other projects and duties as assigned
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelor Degree – Electric Engineering; MBA preferred
- Must have experience as an automotive electrical engineer
- 7+ years' experience in electrical applications for mobile, industrial vehicles
- Good oral and written communication skills with ability to clearly and concisely provide information
- Ability to plan and carry out assigned projects, resolve conflict, and coordinate work with others
- Manage toward strategic goals on time and on budget with continuous improvement
- Independently and proactively resolves problems.
- Understands team dynamics and works well within team structure.
- Communication: Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills. Clearly conveys information and ideas to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that helps audiences understand and retain the message.
- Customer Focus: Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of action; develops and sustains productive customer relationships.
- Follow up: Monitors the results of assignments, or projects, considering the skills, knowledge, and experience of the assigned individual and the characteristics of the assignment or project.
- Planning and Organizing: Establishes clear courses of actions for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently. Effectively communicates changes and progress.
- Build partnerships: Identifies opportunities and takes action to build strategic relationships across departments or teams to help achieve business goals.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time