Sr Mgr, Supplier Data Management
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Corporate Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Responsible for oversight and management of process and technology development and improvement across Supplier Asset Classes: Merchandising Vendors, Freight Vendors and General Expense and non-transactional supplier master data systems, attributes and data relationships.
The Sr. Manager of Supplier Data Management is responsible for oversight and management of Vendor/Supplier master data and process development and improvement across multiple business units (internal: Finance, Marketing, Sales, Merchandising, BT, Supply Chain and external: Suppliers). Responsible for creating and managing the business alignment necessary to deliver project objectives. Provides business knowledge and subject matter expertise required to execute projects in the Supplier domain. The Sr. Manager of Supplier Data Management designs business processes and technology solutions based upon input and across multiple organizations within the enterprise.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Executes strategy and direction for the Vendor/Supplier domain working collaboratively with Data Management leadership. Develops and executes detailed project plans to deliver objectives.
- Ensures delivery of key milestones for each project and provides input, review, and status on key project deliverables
- Provide management and oversight of projects in the Supplier domain and ensures resources are focused on achieving business objectives
- Subject Matter Expertise on a Finance, Merchandising and Supply Chain processes and applications
- Provide domain-level guidance and oversight regarding issue resolution, scoping decisions, and prioritization of objectives, and provides input for decisions for all domain-level topics
- Ensure integration and communication across domain and business functions such that all teams work together to achieve program objectives
- Align, inform and support the Data Management leadership team, Item and Supplier domain Sponsors and Leads
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Required: High School graduate.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree or higher from a nationally accredited and recognized four-year college or university.
- Five or more years’ experience leading teams in Foodservice Manufacturing, Foodservice Distribution, Wholesale or Retail Distribution, Category Management, Supply Chain Management. Three years’ experience in data management, data governance and related technology with a specific focus on supplier master data.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Ability to visualize and design new business processes across organizational boundaries
- Solid subject matter knowledge related on MDM and Sysco’s supplier-facing business processes and systems
- Deep Subject Matter Expertise on a Merchandising and Supply Chain processes and applications
- Working knowledge and organizational impact understanding of Sysco’s business functions (e.g. Finance, Marketing, Supply Chain, etc.)
- Not afraid to challenge status quo and ask difficult questions
- Challenges requirements and business processes
- Initiates and directs changes to business processes with a focus on continuous improvement
- Ability to understand, articulate and demonstrate perspectives and experiences
- Effective communicator both written and verbal to all levels of the organization including senior executives
- Ability to influence and direct team members without a direct reporting relationship
- Ability to understand and quickly learn new technology, data and systems development methods
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time