Company: Bahamas Food Service
Location: Nassau- The Bahamas
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Bahamas Food Services is committed to sourcing quality food products on a global basis for our customers and providing them with the highest level of service.
The incumbent is responsible for organizing and supervising all of the administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of the office of the Director of Human Resources
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs, with a considerable degree of independent accountability, technical and administrative work in support of the department’s core functions and processes;
- Maintains records by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer and disposal of records;
- Liaise with Payroll on all matters relevant to staff salaries, national insurance etc;
- Provide secretarial and administrative support, the maintenance and management of information as may be required;
- Conducts orientation and training programs as required;
- Monitor, place and log all telephone calls and direct inquiries to relevant departments;
- Evaluating milestone accomplishments; evaluating optional courses of action; changing assumptions and direction;
- Prepares CMP and other relevant reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operational data;
- Liaise with other government and nongovernment agencies, organizations and groups;
- Enhances department’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments;
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures;
- Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems,
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
- Organizing the office layout and maintaining and replenishing stationery equipment and other needed supplies;
- Assign and monitor clerical functions as well as exercising a high degree of delegated responsibility;
- Maintain the condition of the office and arranging for necessary repairs;
- Perform reception and initial internal/external customer support functions in the delivery of professional service and responding to customer enquiries and complaints;
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations;
- Perform such other duties, appropriate to the role, as may be required by the Human Resources Director from time to time.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources/Business Administration or equivalent
- Diploma or Certification in Bahamian Employment Law
- Experience in managing Conciliation hearing with Department of Labour
- Experience in facilitating Labour Tribunal hearings
- 3-5 years relevant and acceptable work experience in an administrative/office environment;
- Possess a high degree of computer literacy to include competence in all Microsoft applications;
- Ability to maintain a high level of detail, accuracy and high standards to tight deadlines in preparing documents and entering data;
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Must be results oriented and able to work on own initiative;
- Must demonstrate sound work ethics and responsible behaviours;
- Must demonstrate confidentiality in the execution of all duties and responsibilities.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Sitting for long periods of time while performing the duties of this job;
- Regularly required to walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone;
- Use hands repetitively to write, type, record, manipulate or operate standard office equipment;
- Reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 20 pounds;
- Specific vision abilities close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents;
- Analyze and solve non-routine and complex office administrative problems;
- Use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations;
- Learn and apply new information or skills;
- Perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks
- Work under intensive deadlines with frequent interruptions;
- Interact with managers, staff, customers, the public and others encountered in the course of work, some of whom may be dissatisfied or abusive individuals;
- Employees work under typical office conditions, and the noise level is usually quiet.
- Understands and adheres to Company’s compliance standards as they appear in the Policies and Procedures Guidelines, and Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Keeps abreast of the Company’s regulations, and policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified.
- Professional appearance
- Honest and trustworthy
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- An ability to function well as part of a team
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Employment Type: Full Time