VP of Sales
Company: Newport Meat Southern California
Zip Code: 92606
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 7
Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
More information about this job:
Newport Meat Southern California
MEAT KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
Develop strategy for establishing sales targets that align with overall company goals and objectives. Manage direct sales team and intercompany (OpCo-facing) sales team with goal of meeting sales and profit plans of the Sysco Specialty Meat Group. Coach, Guide, Counsel sales team members to meet their individual sales and profit plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Establish overall sales strategy for company. Oversee and set sales targets for sales territories to maximize sales revenues and support overall business needs.
Identify geographic territory for street sales force, OpCo assignments for Business Development team members, and/or large multi-unit customers for Director/Manager of Program Sales. Oversee Business Development and management of multi-unit contracts. Manage customer contracts and pricing deviations.
Interact with Sales Team and visiting customers. Manage and coordinate communication activities between Outside Sales, Customer Service Reps, Transportation and Customers.
Work with Merchandising in developing and rolling out new products. Develop marketing events, as needed, to support product launches. Collaborate with OpCo sales and merchandising teams to develop promotions and appropriate product mix. Coordinate Sales Promotions with SSMG merchandisers and sales team to effectively manage inventory.
Establish sales personnel hiring profiles. Recruit and oversee training of new sales people. Establish and manage effective programs to compensate, coach, and appraise sales personnel. Motivate and generate excitement within the sales team.
Monitor direct reports’ CMP progress via sales analysis and performance reports. Identify and react to short falls in respect to sales, gross profit and gross margin management. Coach, Guide, Council company goals.
Other duties may be assigned, as needed.
BS or BA Degree in Business, Marketing or Culinary.
Meat product knowledge required.
7 years with extensive experience in sales, merchandising, and management; including 5 years leading others.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Interpersonal Skills – Excellent leadership skills. Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Analytical – Results driven. Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Change Management - Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and climb (stairs). The employee is occasionally required taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is typically in an office environment; however the employee may need to occasionally/frequently visit the warehouse department where the employee may be exposed to extreme cold and loud noises.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time