Company: Buckhead Meat of Dallas
Zip Code: 75237
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Travel Percentage: 0
OVERVIEW: Manage and coordinate all production.
- Assigns duties to there leads and associates
- Monitor time daily
- Coordinate all functions of beef, poultry, lamb, veal and pork production
- Review production, boxes and labels inventories weekly.
- Review all product specifications and inspect finished cuts.
- Maintain good safety program practices; insure all employees use proper safety equipment.
- Process all employee reviews in a timely manner.
- Review with maintenance supervisor, production room equipment maintenance.
- Insure good housekeeping standards are maintained at all times.
- Insure thawing of product is properly managed.
- Spoilage control, beef, poultry, lamb, veal, and pork.
- Packaging consistency and accuracy, monitored daily.
- Review returns, errors addressed and employees trained, review with sales manager.
- Morning start up, planned and efficient.
- Daily production planning/scheduling.
- Require to follow all GMP’s and safety regulation and enforce.
- Require working longer than schedule work hours.
- End of day procedures/planning.
- Responsible for Food Safety (temperature, HACCP. sanitation, sanitary conditions, foreign object control and allergens).
- Responsible for Food Quality (specifications, grade, portion size, trim levels, texture, color and age).
- Prior experience with portion cutting (meat, vegetables, etc.)
- At least 5 years experience in area.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and conversions to determine amounts and sizes of products needed for orders.
- Ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals.
- Commitment to work until job is completed.
- Interacts well with others. Good team player.
- Must be flexible to changing procedures/ priorities.
- Must be able to tolerate cold conditions.
- Must be quick and agile.
- Strong logical reasoning skills
- Strong understanding of safe work practices.
- Customer-service oriented
- Bilingual preferred, English/ Spanish
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of company data or files.
- Detail oriented.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
Ability to work in 30 degree temperature for long period of times
- Ability to stand long period of times.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lb. boxes.
- Bending and twisting when loading conveyor and/or packaging equipment.
- Ability to turn at the waist and place boxes on conveyor.
- Ability to read specification sheets that come down the line for different orders.
Standing, stooping and climbing are regular activities for this employee. Employee must have the ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities. The ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate various processing and material handling equipment is necessary.
This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing and warehouse areas of 30 degrees. These areas are cold and wet, and exposure to moving machinery and sharp objects are a regular occurrence. This is a high noise area. Must pass company drug test and background.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time