Cash Application Associate (OpCo)
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Asian Foods
Location: US-MN-St Paul
Zip Code: 55117
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Performs activities required to ensure accurate and timely application of received payments to customer accounts.
- Perform Cash Application activities.
- Post/apply cash payments to customer accounts.
- Review exception logs, investigate, and follow-up as appropriate.
- Reconcile customer payments - review discrepancies from automatic reconciliation and make manual adjustments as appropriate.
- Configure customer accounts for ACH pulls/payments as appropriate.
- Process non-trade receivables.
- Manually process treasury to OpCo wire transfers as necessary.
- Liaise closely with Corporate and Site Finance/Accounts Receivable as well as operations management as appropriate.
- Work with SBS Call Center and act as Tier 3 support related to Cash Application as appropriate.
Key Internal/External Contacts:
- SBS and Local Credit department
- SBS and local Sales department
- Customer contacts
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent
- 1 year of finance or accounting experience
- Basic computer proficiency
- Associate's degree or equivalent or specialized coursework
- 1 + year(s) of Accounts Receivable experience centered around Cash Application'
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to select and apply standard policies and procedures
- Ability to resolve routine problems and questions independently
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time