Regional Credit Manager
Company: SBS Cypress
Zip Code: 77429
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 8
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This position will be housed at Sysco Denver 5000 Beeler St, Denver, CO 80238
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
The Portfolio Service Delivery Lead is responsible for the overall Credit performance for a specific market. Leads Credit & Collections teams and directs staff to execute against the strategy and risk thresholds established for the Credit portfolio. Works closely with the Market Service Delivery Lead and advises on customer credit terms in addition to escalating customer payment and write-off issues as required. Responsible for maintaining the overall quality of the Credit portfolio.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages performance of the Credit Portfolio team, including ITC Team Lead and Collections and Credit Analysts
- Manages the credit portfolio within stated goals and objectives and oversees overall quality of the portfolio
- Analyzes and determines ways to minimizing the risk of the portfolio (for repayment)
- Approving and back-up support for credit requests and miscellaneous billing requests
- Identification of potential write-offs that impact the Market and transferring to the ITC Risk & Compliance Team
- Determine reserve / write-off of bad debt and work closely with Service Delivery Lead on final approval
- Provides other credit and collections related consulting support and thought leadership
- Collaborates with Market leadership including Market CFO and President to ensure Credit Management services are provided timely and within desired Sysco credit guidelines
- Collaborate with ITC Leadership and ITC Risk and Compliance Team to address specific credit and collection policies, processes and ongoing projects
- Serves as a single point of contact for Credit decisions that materially fall outside of Sysco’s credit standard; works to resolve or provide a solution for serving the credit needs of Sysco’s customers
- Provides other credit and collections related thought leadership including inputs to Credit Council
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
Bachelor degree required
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
8+ years progressive, related experience in credit and collection and 2 years of leadership experience in directing work
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of credit and collections.
- Demonstrates strong communication and leadership skills
- Root-cause analysis skills for solving customer disputes
- Strong financial analysis / credit analysis
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and specialized accounting / finance software ERP Systems (e.g., Workday) or workflow systems
- Ability to collaborate and work cross functions within Sysco and with GPOs
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time