Location: US-North Carolina- Charlotte
Zip Code: 28269
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Update, monitor and continue the development of company safety policies, procedures and training programs for new and existing OSHA and DOT issues. Handle all workers compensation and auto liability claims to completion at the lowest cost and lost time days without jeopardizing the best possible services available.
- Accept responsibility for the development, enhancement, implementation and success of the safety program.
- Continually monitor the safety program and to submit appropriate reports to management on a timely basis.
- Maintain accident records, according to OSHA and DOT guidelines.
- Analyze past and current losses for the purpose of prioritizing and directing safety training requirements.
- Direct and assist in the development and writing of preferred work methods.
- Direct and assist in the development and implementation of work practice observations methods and checklists.
- Direct and assist in the development and implementation of safety awareness training for warehouse and transportation supervisors and employees.
- Direct and assist in the development of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) programs and to select such equipment as necessary to meet the needs of the program.
- Direct and attend quarterly manager/supervisor safety activities meetings and to assist in the evaluation and direction of the program through the following actions:
- -setting goals
- -evaluating the commitment of managers and supervisors
- -training of managers & supervisors as needed
- Direct and conduct monthly joint Safety Committee meetings comprised of employees and management and assist in the evaluation and direction of the program through the following actions:
- oversee and evaluate, on an ongoing basis, the effectiveness of the sub-committees within the Safety Committee.
- recommend changes and/or additions to the sub-committees, as needed, to meet the company’s ongoing safety needs.
- Direct and assist in the development and administration of the safety orientation of new or current employees and the safety training and safe work practices that are in place or developed as a result of the program.
- Direct and assist in the development and implementation of compliance programs such as those required by DOT, EPA, OSHA, FDA, and any state-mandated programs.
- Evaluate and assist in the quarterly safety inspections completed by the OSHA Warehouse Inspection Committee and the OSHA Driver Equipment Inspection Committee, both sub-committees within Safety Committee meetings.
- Direct and oversee the current Accident Investigation Committee meetings and reports results and recommendations at the monthly Safety Committee meeting.
- Keep all management, supervisors and employees informed of all current and on- going safety activities, including the implementation of SYGMA Safe.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
An Undergraduate degree in Occupational Safety or 2-5 years experience with safety regulations such as OSHA, DOT, and FDA is required.
Work is primarily sedentary in nature. You must be able to verbally communicate effectively, either by telephone, or one-on-one.
You must be able to read text that is close and at a distance with or without correction. In addition you must be able to perform manual task, hear, sit, reach, lift, bend, and interact with others.
Most of the day is spent in an office environment.
A calculator, copier, facsimile machine, PC, Word, Excel, forklift, pallet jack, and hand cart.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION
Valid driver’s license and forklift certification.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time