Associate Data Scientist
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Master's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This role will be focused on applying advanced analytics to support the evaluation and development of new demand generation, costing, pricing and supply chain models. This will require expert ability in data acquisition (internal and external to Sysco), cleansing and manipulation; mathematical modeling; analytical and heuristic solution methods; and the ability to synthesize, visualize and communicate results and recommend a course of action. This role will require close collaboration depending upon the model at hand with functions (e.g., merchandising, revenue management, human resources), operating companies, specialty companies or geographies and technology teams.
Primary areas of responsibility
- Perform data mining, cleansing, and manipulation; identify necessary data elements and their sources, leverage appropriate tools to acquire and consolidate large volumes of data from different sources, and identify and resolve any irrelevant, corrupt, missing, or incongruent data
- Identify and use appropriate analytic tools, technologies and platforms to execute analysis against business requirements, including the ability to scale, deploy and distribute models across enterprise as needed
- Support the development of performance management scorecards and dashboards to monitor adoption, implementation and impact of models and strategies
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to frame requirements within an analytics context in order to tackle business goals
Master’s or PhD degree with a focus on a quantitative research or Bachelors with 3+ years of relevant job experience
- 3+ years of experience accessing and manipulating data in SQL or NoSQL database environments
- 1+ years of experience with scientific scripting languages (e.g., Python, R, SAS) and/or object oriented programming (e.g., C++, Java)
- 2+ years of experience with Bayesian statistics, regression analysis (beyond linear regression), supervised learning, unsupervised learning or time-series analysis required
- 3-8 years of overall analytics experience, can be inclusive of post graduate work
- Intellectually curious
- Highly motivated, inspired overachiever
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Knowledge of a comprehensive range of statistical techniques and methodologies for analytic practices
- Proven capabilities executing analytics in a project-based environment for a wide range of applications in a corporate/production scale
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time