Delivery Service Supervisor
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Gulf Coast
Zip Code: 36340
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
There are two shifts available 3 am -1pm and 1pm-11 (based on a 45 hour work week) Some Saturdays may be required.
This is an Operations position responsible for supervising and directing the activities associated with delivery. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, collaborative direction to delivery supervisory staff, specific direction to drivers, routing, safety and compliance.
- Supervises the daily work and safety of delivery associates, including adherence to standard operating procedures, adherence to planned routes, and providing safe and efficient customer service.
- Analyzes live and historical data to insure accuracy for maintaining optimal delivery plans and on time customer service.
- Supervises labor hours and directs labor activities to stay within budget. Recommends work schedules including stop changes, classification changes, customer open/close times, window expectations and provides to appropriate person for necessary changes.
- Supervises the proper selection utilization of company assets in support of the delivery department. Coordinates required repairs with proper departments as necessary.
- Reviews delivery productivity reporting to appropriate supervisor for review and determination. Suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assist with implementation of delivery changes.
- Interprets, trains and consistently applies company policies, protocols and procedures including but not limited to food safety, DOT, record keeping, performance expectations and safe work methods etc.
- Communicates with Sales Management and Marketing Associates via e- mail and maintains current communications board data to collaboratively resolve any customer or delivery opportunities or issues.
- Communicates proactively with drivers and directs activities to insure successful adherence to daily delivery schedules and departmental performance goals and overtime objectives.
- Coordinates efforts with Transportation Road Supervisors and with Safety Trainer to insure consistent training, conducting associate observations, updating preferred work methods, timely accident investigations to determine root causes, and routine safety inspections. Makes recommendations for disciplinary action and/or behavior modification where required based on consistent review of performance data metrics.
- Ability to keyboard proficiently. Utilize canned reporting. Create specific ad hoc reports to identify areas for improvements. Proficient in Microsoft office suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint as well as numerous variants.
Education and / or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Two or four year college degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or similar major preferred.
- Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings.
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments, operating companies and Corporate in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Working knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Ability to work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- Ability to manage the pressures and stress associated with a deadline-oriented atmosphere and customer service issues. Demonstrates skill in making independent decisions in support of company policies and procedures in a timely manner.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, and ability to learn Sysco technology software and programs. Must have excellent computer skills.
- Ability to read, comprehend, write and speak English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Complete a Sysco approved defensive
- HazMat Certification preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employeewill be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time