Facility Technician II
Company: Sysco Knoxville
Zip Code: 37921
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
This position is located at 900 Tennessee Ave, Knoxville, TN, 37921
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This is an Operations position responsible for assisting in and overseeing the safe operation, daily monitoring and maintenance activities associated with general maintenance and repair of the facility, automatic retrieval systems, dock equipment, minor repair of electrical devices, plumbing, fleet shop, and security.
- Demonstrate an understanding and adherence to all work safety policies, procedures and governing requirements
- Knowledge of controls and electric (high and low voltage) with working knowledge of OSHA general industry electrical safety standards; Title 29
- Working knowledge of NFPA 70 National electrical code and NFPA 70E electrical safety requirements
- Understanding of electrical meter testing
- Working knowledge of OSHA electrical Arc Flash requirements
- Understanding and working knowledge of PLC’s and PLC trouble shooting
- Complete small welding projects as needed.
- Refrigeration Operator I
- Completes all special projects associated with building or grounds, as requested. Includes but not limited to: —Moving furniture or fixtures;
—Completing basic maintenance and repair needs to insure timely completion of all maintenance needs.
- Perform general building maintenance which Includes but not limited to: —Light carpentry
—Changing of light bulbs
—Repair of minor electrical devices
- Maintain facility assets through scheduled preventative maintenance and repair activities which Includes but not limited to: —Roof inspections and repairs
—Concrete and asphalt paving inspections and repairs
—Concrete industrial wear-slab inspections and repairs including joint cleaning, routing and filling
—Product racking inspections and repairs
—Automatic Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS) inspections and repairs
—Dock equipment (IE: Mechanical, electrical, hydraulic pit or vertical dock levelers; manual or electric dock doors; manual, electric, or hydraulic truck restraints; dock seals or shelters), inspections and repairs
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Responsible for logging time and materials into computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) on a daily basis in the form of work orders, P.M.s, etc.
- Responsible for daily refrigeration operator duties including ePSM inspections and logs
- Participate in departmental on-call program, as designated
- Maintain all tools and equipment in clean, safe, working order
- Adhere to all safety requirements and wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment required by the job
- Respond to emergency situations to ensure employee and facility safety
- Champion overall safety in the department
- Comply with OSHA, and other local, state and federal regulations
- Adhere to Organization and the Facilities Department policies and procedures including appropriate attire, grooming and attendance
- Interact effectively, build relationships, and demonstrate a high level of cooperation
Education and / or Experience:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Facility maintenance tech school (preferred)
- Four years of industrial facility and ASRS maintenance experience; or equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Refrigeration Operator I / RETA CARO (preferred)
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Must possess a valid state Driver’s License and provide proof of liability coverage meeting Company standards. Complete a Sysco approved defensive driving program.
- Obtain a Powered Industrial Equipment Certification from Sysco within 3 months.
- Electrical Arc Flash training (preferred)
- Trade electrical I & II training (preferred)
- Refrigeration Operator I RETA CARO (preferred)
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The associate is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work in confined spaces. The associate works non-traditional business hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call. The associate may occasionally be required to travel to other Operating Companies or the corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.). The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and confined spaces. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employeewill be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time