Street and Contract Sales Associate
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Columbia
Zip Code: 29209
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This is an outside sales position responsible for promoting the company's products and services and building relationships with new and existing Street and Contract accounts. The main focus is to help Sysco customers succeed while achieving sales and profit goals established by the company.
- Develop new business, penetrate existing accounts, and minimize lost business to achieve profitable sales growth and special objectives within assigned territory
- Seek and qualify prospects in accordance with Company account stratification goals
- Research customer business needs and develop a mix of products and services to meet these needs
- Evaluates market trends and recommends products to customers based on business needs and goals
- Be informed of market conditions, product innovations, competitor products, prices and sales
- Share information and knowledge with customers as part of a value-added service
- Answer customer's questions about products, prices, availability and product uses
- Provide product information and practical training to customer personnel
- Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary, working with the credit department and client; collect all balances due based on approved credit terms
- Manage deliveries to the routing schedule published by the transportation department
- Troubleshoot any problems that occur during the order process (i.e.: out of stocks, special order, low inventory)
- Participates in ongoing training sessions
- Participates in company functions, promotions, customer visits, and customer events
- Attends and participates in general sales and district meetings
- Assist with the training of new employees as requested
- Review and analyze daily and weekly reports such as special order requests, customer bid files, and sales/gross profit margin data
- Actively utilizes Sysco proprietary CRM tool for planning and forecasting for sales growth and maintaining updated customer files and profiles.
- Utilize Sysco business tools such as menu analysis and online sale tracking and communications
- Perform administrative duties, such as maintaining sales records, processing credits and pick up request, prepare sales quotes and menu suggestions and filing reports
- Other duties as may be assigned.
FOR SALES POSITIONS ONLY: All candidates for this position must be able to represent their ability to perform substantially all of the required duties of the position while abiding by any post-employment obligations owed to current or former employers, to the extent such obligations are reasonable and enforceable.
- Reside or willing to relocate to the geographical vicinity of territory
- 1 years of prior outside foodservice sales experience preferred
Education and / or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor degree (Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality or Culinary Arts) with a minimum of six months of sales, and/or chef –restaurant management experience in a related field
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures
- Ability to understand and interpret customer concerns
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, portion cost, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to add, subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to learn the use of proprietary CRM tools for planning and forecasting sales growth
- Ability to properly plan and execute business plans
- Demonstrated skills in the area of consultative selling, prospecting, networking and negotiations
- Ability to effectively present information and products to customers
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to express information in terms of profit and loss, food cost and expense ratio
- Ability to solve practical problems
- Knowledge of Microsoft spreadsheet word processing software
- Familiarization of reading and interpreting manuals, catalogs and flyers
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments
- Ability to prioritize and multi task
- Proactive, self-directed, with the ability to structure a weekly schedule to be successful
- To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate all the individual Framework competencies of this position
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Valid driver's license with a driving record that meets Company insurability standards
- Current automobile insurance with the following limits of liability: Bodily injury - $100,000 each person and $300,000 each accident; property damage - $100,000 is required
- Must sign Sysco Protective Covenants Agreement
- ServSafe certification beneficial
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- This positions will require regular travel utilizing personal vehicle and may result in longs periods of sitting.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- If working remote, must have required software to ensure timely communications and have a dedicated work space free of any distractions and participate in conference calls in a business friendly environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position may require evening and weekend work depending on customer needs
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time