Director of Operations
Company: Buckhead Meat & Seafood of Chicago
Zip Code: 60140
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
Director of Operations
Responsible for inbound and outbound warehouse, production, and maintenance
Responsible for the accurate, efficient, fiscally responsible daily work and safety of inbound and outbound warehouse, production, and maintenance.
- Overseeing budget management including labor, supplies, company assets, maintenance/repair and third party contracts.
- Overall responsibility for inventory management
- Monitor the condition and maintenance of the warehouse equipment and fleet to ensure that they are all kept consistent with safety, sanitation and appearance.
- Communication with merchandising and sales to collaboratively resolve any customer or delivery opportunities or issues.
- Analyzing facility to ensure proper storage, receiving and shipping capabilities.
- Conduct audits assuring all required inspections and documentations are completely accurate and meet DOT and OSHA regulations.
Education (Degrees/Certificates Minimum Required):
Bachelor’s Degree in business related field
Experience (Years and type of experience Minimum Required):
5 years of operations management experience
Skills (Type and proficiency Minimum Required):
Ability to engage and lead employees, knowledge of governmental regulations, math skills, communication skills, ability to work in an ever-changing environment, interpersonal skills
Most important decisions made fully independently:
Adjustments to the operations of the warehouse to achieve key metrics such as expense and revenue management
Most important decisions made with review and approval of other individuals or supervisors (include the reviews/approvals required):
Changes to the profit plan to maximize warehouse and transportation efficiency.
Positions Reporting to this Role:
Director of Production
For questions regarding the status of your application, plese contact Steven Jedras at 847-683-2042
or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time