Production Sanitation Technician
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Western Minnesota
Location: US-MN-St Cloud
Zip Code: 56304
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This position is responsible for maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment within the Production Facility. Ensures that all equipment and practices meet our SSOPs (Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures.)
- Reports to Sanitation Supervisor on a daily basis.
- Interface with all employees, USDA officials, and QA/QC.
- Maintain a positive work environment for your co-workers.
- Be willing to take an active role in team building within our sanitation staff. Work with fellow employees in resolving problems.
- Keep our relationship with our USDA inspector on a positive note by adhering to GMP' s and SSOPs at all times.
- Clean all machines by following the basic 4-step method: Rinse gross debris, Scrub with Soap, Rinse and Sanitize using approved strength for food safety. Guard against chemical contamination.
- Clean all other surfaces in accordance with the clean-up list as assigned by sanitation supervisor.
- When taking equipment apart to clean, keep all pieces/parts together and easily accessible for maintenance set-up.
- Continually look at opportunities to improve our sanitation procedures as well as opportunities to improve your own work habits. Be open to change.
- Be dressed and prepared for work prior to punching the time clock. Follow all scheduled work hours unless altered by management. Know what your assignment is for day and proceed directly to that area.
- Punch in, punch out for lunch, punch back in and remember to punch out for the day. Accuracy for hours worked lies with you.
- Socializing on the job is ok as long as it doesn't affect productivity expectations or interfere with fellow coworkers productivity.
- Ability to fill in on many areas of sanitation when needed.
- Good communication skills a must.
- Good decision making skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Positive Attitude. Lead by example.
- Ability to work diligently and continually to improve your skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time