Indirect Tax Analyst II - Audit
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: SBS Cypress
Zip Code: 77429
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Analyzes senior-level tax issues, and proposes and implements solutions.
- Analyze senior-level tax issues and propose and implement solutions.
- Perform in-depth tax research using sources such as state and local tax Statutes, Regulations, Code/Administrative Authority and reputable tax research organizations or external counsel.
- Prepare detailed written memoranda as necessary to identify, analyze, resolve, and document tax issues associated with proposed transactions, tax planning strategies and refund claims.
- Communicate regularly with external customers, government authorities and other departments and facilities throughout the company and provide detailed, comprehensive responsive to complex tax inquiries.
- Perform the tax compliance function by timely filing returns and reports.
- Support exams' personnel in audit issue resolution and data gathering and development.
- Create, maintain and update taxes rules within transaction tax calculation systems.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the Company and its industry to identify issues and value-add service opportunities.
- Review, develop and implement systemic improvements to the Company's tax compliance and exam processes.
- Participate in the training of Company finance, operations and other personnel on indirect tax matters.
- Assist Tax Managers in the facilitation and implementation of indirect tax planning opportunities.
- Assist Tax Managers and Business Development Teams with merger, acquisition and divestiture reviews.
Key Internal/External Contacts:
- Tax Managers
- Tax Director
- Finance and BT
- Operating company CFO's
- Government tax authorities
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and sales tax experience
- 3-5 years' progressive, related sales tax experience or an equivalent combination of education and sales tax experience
- Proficient in personal computer database and spreadsheet applications
- Accounting/Finance degree
- 3 years' Corporate or Big 4 experience
- IPT CMI (Institute for Professionals in Taxation)
- Experience with SAP
- Experience or proficiency with Sabrix or other transaction tax calculation systems
- Excellent communication, analytical, research and negotiation skills
- Ability to work and act independently on multiple projects
- Ability to successfully resolve issues with minimal assistance
- Ability to perform senior level analysis
- Ability to use judgment in determining how to approach/solve problems
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to troubleshoot complex tax issues
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time