Transportation Manager, Bahamas Food Services
Company: Bahamas Food Services
Location: Nassau, Bahamas
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Bahamas Food Services is committed to sourcing quality food products on a global basis for our customers and providing them with the highest level of service.
The Transportation Manager is responsible for the movement of all trucks and trailer-heads coordinating the delivery of products to and from the warehouse and the return of the vehicles at the conclusion of each shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilize various transportation provider software systems to facilitate products movement planning and scheduling.
- Prepare and update monthly logistics, schedule to assure deliveries to appropriate locations and coordinate product delivery schedules with customers.
- Track shipments from pickup through delivery, so accurate, up-to-date information can be provided regarding any shipment.
- Coordinate daily activity to track location and movement of inventory via trucks and trailer heads and provide reports to internal and external customers as required.
- Assist in obtaining necessary transportation permits for inbound shipments as required and to facilitate the timely movements via shipping companies.
- Work closely with providers to assure efficient and effective execution of defined processes and goods transportation.
- Participate in Logistics projects by managing new initiatives as they arise.
- Create and maintain daily, weekly and monthly statistics.
- Monitor benchmarks and identification of trends and problems.
- Actively involved with problem-solving of issues presented.
- File and execute administrative duties as required.
- Re-route freight as needed to meet demands and minimize costs
- Initiate shrink threshold and loss claims with warehouse providers and tracking reconciliation of the same per contract standards,
- Ensures accuracy of physical inventory order sequence by entering inter-company purchase orders and inter-company transfers into the system following defined processes,
- Answer questions regarding sourcing from internal and external customers as needed.
- Assist in the administration of supply agreements for shipping and other trucking agents.
- Coordinate with operating department to manage inventory levels at multiple plant locations.
- Support the development, implementation, and execution of the Structured Management Process for Supply Chain critical process.
- Provide project development support to multiple departments within the organization.
- Verify inventory locations and availability for shipment against requirements specified in purchase orders.
- Review inventory position daily and weekly against outstanding orders and sales forecasts and takes action to expedite inbound shipments to meet customer demands.
- Ensure that goods are shipped in the most timely and efficient manner according to documented processes, including planning the transportation route and payload, selecting the mode of transportation, tendering the order for transportation, and tracking the shipment from pick up through delivery all the while targeting cost reduction, freight savings, service and contractual requirements.
- Assemble load fragments into consolidated loads thus balancing freight savings, service and contractual / legal requirements.
- Communicates fulfillment status and / or issues within the Organization to points including Demand / Supply Planning, Logistics Management, Sales, and Customer.
- Any other relevant duties as may be directed by the supervisor.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 3 -5 years of work experience in the Freight Forwarding or Warehousing Industry.
- At least 3 years in a Customer Service capacity with a Third Party Distribution Industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Very good communication skills (telephone and email) are essential.
- Team player with proven ability to work well under pressure and CONSTANT deadlines.
- Problem solving skills with the ability to seek alternative solutions for dilemmas and problems.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office Products, especially Outlook and Excel
- Professional aptitude, presentation and demeanor.
- Customer Focused.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft office and ERP software.
- Ability to maintain a high level of detail, understanding of traceability, accuracy and high standards to tight deadlines; in preparing documents and entering data.
- Results oriented and able to work on own initiative.
- Must demonstrate sound work ethics and responsible behaviors.
- Must display confidentiality in the execution of all duties and responsibilities.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time