Company: Buckhead Meat of Dallas
Zip Code: 75237
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Travel Percentage: 0
OVERVIEW:The purpose of the Maintenance Manager position is to plan, lead and direct all activities supporting the maintenance of the buildings, equipment, and related facilities and systems and perform related work to ensure maximum production quantity and quality.
- Oversee all plant equipment performance related to uptime and downtime. Project planning for Continuous Improvement
- Source, quote and negotiate pricing for equipment and repairs
- Work with the Ammonia Refrigeration (PSM updates and safety analysis on ammonia system)
- Training and communication with maintenance team on the PM protocols of the facility
- Approving bills and monitoring credit and returns
- A minimum of 3 years’ of experience as a maintenance supervisor with at least 5 years of maintenance experience in manufacturing or food processing.
- General knowledge of OSHA regulations as they apply to industrial and facility maintenance.
- Experience with PLCs, preventative maintenance programs, high-speed packing, and down-time analysis preferred.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Machine uptime, reduction in repairs needed (PM), production efficiencies, budget controls, cost savings from vendors, reduction in safety risks.
- CARO and CIRO certification is a plus
- 2-3 Years’ experience in Ammonia refrigeration production maintenance mechanic.
- Ammonia Operator Level 1 certification preferred.
- Bachelor of Science a plus.
- Ability to adjust to sudden changes and operational goals.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic circuits and machinery that incorporates one or all of these.
- Ability to use precision measuring tools and use math at the Algebra/Trigonometry level.
- Proficiency with electrical testing and measuring instruments (meters)
- Knowledge of PLC and servo controls and how they function.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to use a wide variety of tools, both hand and power.
- Commitment to work until job is completed.
- Interacts well with others. Good team player.
- Must be flexible to changing procedures/ priorities.
- Must be able to tolerate cold conditions.
- Must be quick and agile.
- Leadership skills
- Strong logical reasoning skills
- Strong communication: oral & written
- Analytical problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Strong understanding of safe work practices.
- Customer-service oriented
- Negotiation/Persuasion skills
- Detail oriented.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
Ability to work in 30 degree temperature for long period of times
- Ability to stand long period of times.
- Ability to lift up to 100 lb. boxes.
- Bending and twisting when working on a conveyor and/or packaging equipment.
- Ability to read specification sheets that come down the line for different orders.
Standing, stooping and climbing are regular activities for this employee. Employee must have the ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities. The ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate various processing and material handling equipment is necessary.
This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing and warehouse areas of 30 degrees and Freezer -18 degrees. These areas are cold and wet, and exposure to moving machinery and sharp objects are a regular occurrence. This is a high noise area. Must pass company drug test and background.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time