Company: Buckhead Meat of Dallas
Zip Code: 75237
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Travel Percentage: 0
Buckhead Meat is a Sysco owned Specialty Meat Company offering a wide variety of Center of the Plate protein options to steakhouses, fine dining, casual dining, hotels, and country clubs and catering companies; we also supply several regional and national chains worldwide. A successful candidate will be a driven self motivated performer, who can successfully build relationships with customers and open new accounts selling our high quality portion control proteins and provisional items.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop new business at an aggressive rate, penetrate existing accounts, and minimize lost business to achieve profitable sales growth and special objectives within assigned territory.
- Seek and qualify prospects in accordance with Company account stratification goals.
- Research customer business needs and develop a mix of products and service to meet needs.
- Evaluate market trends and recommend products to customers, based on business needs and goals.
- Be informed of market conditions, product innovations, competitive products, prices, and sales; share information with customers as part of value-added services provided.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, and product uses. Provide product information and practical training to customer personnel.
- Drive personal vehicle to customer accounts, conventions, company meetings, etc.
- Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary, working with the credit department and client; collect all balances due based on approved credit terms.
- Lift/carry laptop and sales materials weighing up to 40 lbs., to and from office, home, car, and customer locations.
- Provide a lost business reports on a weekly basis. Provide a territory sales forecast on a monthly basis. Provide a target list of new accounts monthly. Attend sales/training meetings each week.
- Participate in company functions, promotions, customer visits, and customer events.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, maintaining sales records, processing credits and pick-up requests, preparing sales quotes and menu suggestions, and filing reports.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Handle all aspects of specialty type products (velocity, rotation, movement of) brought in for specific customers.
- Assist with the training of new employees as requested.
- Responsible for Food Safety of any product cuttings (temperature, HACCP. sanitation, sanitary conditions, foreign object control and allergens).
- High School diploma, college degree preferred. 5 yrs. Restaurant management or foodservice protein sales experience a plus.
- Basic PC skills and proficiency with MS Outlook, Word Perfect, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Valid driver's license with a “clean” driving record (including: no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUIs within the last 7 years)
- Current automobile insurance with the following limits of liability: Bodily injury - $100,000 each person and $300,000 each accident; property damage - $100,000
- Ability to pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check)
- Ability to read, write, speak English
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- This positions will require regular travel utilizing personal vehicle and may result in longs periods of sitting.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time