Company: Sysco Northeast Redistribution Center
Location: US-VA-Front Royal
Zip Code: 22630
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Please apply directly at: http://baughne.sysco.com/
The Compliance Manager is responsible for overall compliance activities for the Redistribution Network and managing key compliance processes. This is to include, but not limited to, accurate financial processing, local legal matters and reporting that complies with local and corporate accounting procedures, payroll policies, food safety practices, product recalls and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) compliance. Works with department leads and associates to ensure processes are compliant to established company guidelines. Audits areas of compliance to ensure tasks are executed as prescribed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently provide comprehensive audits of internal company operations
- Sales tax audits and licensing
- Manage annual and ongoing self-assessments and oversees continuous review of internal processes to ensure compliance
- Recommend necessary actions to correct identified issues
- Account reconciliations review and approval
- Ensure necessary financial activities are practiced in accordance with GAAP and the corporate policies and procedures
- Assist in the preparation and review of period, quarter and year end closings by performing reconciliations, etc. as needed
- Audit weekly/monthly statements from contractors as needed
- Review processes and execution of local departmental functions to include, but not limited to, finance and accounting, inventory control, operations, transportation and maintenance to ensure overall compliance
- Participate in the recruiting, training, performance management and development of finance and inventory control associates
- Assist/review data collected in relation to relocation and tuition reimbursement processing to ensure compliance with federal, state, local, and corporate guidelines
- Routinely audit food safety practices to objectively evaluate performance and provide feedback to other personnel as necessary to ensure compliance with Preventive Controls Program and any Regulatory requirements (federal, state/provincial, and local)
- Perform analysis and prepare reporting to evaluate overall performance against key performance indicators
- Audit AP invoices for accuracy and compliance
- Assist in reporting and forecasting facility and operational expenses and accuracy as requested by the local management group and the corporate accounting group
- Audit local inventory adjustments to ensure compliance and support local shrink improvement initiatives
- Support preparation and reporting of profit plans as needed
- Audit financial accuracy of local fixed assets as needed
- Assist with the preparation and submission of applications for licenses, permits, and certifications as needed
- Assist with preparation of reports for regulatory agencies as needed
- Assist corporate accounting department in documentation and testing of internal controls for compliance
- Assist with the overview of our HHA and COI compliance of 3rd party contractors who come on site to work at our facility
- Other duties and projects as required
- Provide direction and leadership to subsidiary associates, as well as ongoing communication of related status and issues to upper management.
- Determine and provide training and development of staff members as needed.
- Assist in personnel recruitment to fulfill staffing requirements.
- Responsible for employee performance evaluations of immediate subordinates on a semiannual basis for the purpose of communicating and properly documenting expectations and evaluations to the staff.
- Provide ongoing feedback on the performance of subordinates and the department by monitoring activities and reports.
Responsible for supervising and directing staff of up to four non-exempt associates.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill set, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel. Knowledgeable in other MS Office products (PowerPoint, Access and Outlook) a plus.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills between the corporate office, RDC, and Operating Company senior management.
- Must pass a physical assessment test.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required. A concentration in accounting or corporate compliance preferred.
- Minimum two to three years experience at the exempt level in financial management reflecting a progressive increase in responsibilities.
- Three to five years warehouse industry experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Must be articulate and effective with written and verbal communication with individuals of broadly varying backgrounds and educational levels. Must have the ability to maintain cooperation between all departments of the RDC operations. Good interpersonal and supervisory skills. Must be able to effectively perform in a multi-tasking environment with frequent interruptions. Must be able to effectively manage confidential information.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
It is expected that the incumbent will be able to work in a proactive manner, address issues, and solve problems by using previous education and experience in identifying appropriate actions. Problems will vary in complexity and there will not always be a clearly defined solution. Some solutions may require modifying past applications or creating a solution unique to the current situation but within the regulations that would apply.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
No certification needed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION:
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk and hear. The associate frequently is required to sit for prolonged periods of time and use the telephone frequently. The associate is regularly required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The working conditions and physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the Human Resources Department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
Job is performed in an office environment with some time spent in the operations area. While performing the duties of this job, the associate occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to contained toxic or caustic chemicals, risks of electrical shock, and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This is a full-time position. The incumbent must have the ability to work a varying schedule which might include shift work (days or nights), weekdays or weekends, and some holidays. Work hours may vary or change based on departmental requirements.
The position will require some travel.
The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
Please apply directly at: http://baughne.sysco.com/
For questions regarding the status of your application, please contact Jill Slaughter at 540-631-2375
or by email at email@example.com
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time