Spc I, On-Site IT Support - Sysco Detroit
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Detroit
Zip Code: 48188
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Brief description: The position involves assisting the Business Technology (BT) support teams with the technical support of IT infrastructure technology which includes, but is not limited to the following devices - workstations, laptops, iPads, PDA devices, printers, network equipment, telephones, backup appliances, wireless access points, server equipment, storage devices, routers, switches, and any other technology used to conduct business at an operating company facility. This position will also be the local escalation contact for any related IT support issues. Escalations will flow up to their Sysco Team Leads and to the BT Support Leads to quickly resolve any issues.
This position will be the local corporate BT representative to answer any IT related question and to train the local staffs how to enter service requests, how to prioritize service requests, assign service requests, and how to best utilize the current support model. This position will require technical skills to be able to support and repair laptops, workstations, PDA devices, mobile computing technology, the operating system and software associated with these devices. Additional support responsibilities will include coordinating enterprise workstation OS deployment, providing support for printers and peripherals, coordinating and validating problem resolution for warranty or third party on-site repairs on all IT equipment and providing secondary support as required for the Communications and System Support technicians.
Educational requirements: H.S. Diploma and minimum 3 years’ experience associated with end user technology support and IT related environments.
Special requirements: Minimum of three years customer service experience in Computer Technology. Must possess excellent communication (written and verbal), organizational, and problem solving skills. Must effectively interact with several different personalities and levels of management. Must be self-motivated, resourceful, reliable, and trustworthy. Must be proficient at technical troubleshooting of desktop and laptop computers, mobile technology devices, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, and other desktop software. Must have experience with supporting, installing, and configuring Order Entry applications. Must be able to use remote support tools to be able to troubleshoot remote computer devices. Must be available for after hour support and weekend on-call support as needed.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Prioritize support calls using enterprise ticketing system and manage tickets with frequent updates, as well as escalating aging tickets, and trends as required.
- Purchase new equipment, repair parts, mice, keyboards, batteries, printer toner, supplies, etc. for workstations, laptops and peripherals devices from the approved standards list through Corporate IT Purchasing.
- Ensures software and hardware standards are adhered to at all times based on guidance from Corporate
- Ensuring software license compliance with all installed software
- Responsible for imaging workstations using the standard images
- Maintains and adheres to current system security policy
- Ensure client agents for discovery tools, anti-virus and patch compliance updates are maintained at the most current levels
- Provides secondary on-site workstation support and knowledge transfer to the Desktop/Laptop support team
- Account administration and support for Order Entry applications
- Assists with desktop hardware relocation where required.
- Responsible for local printers/copiers/faxes network connectivity, preliminary troubleshooting, toner replacement and coordination of third party on-site support.
- Responsible for and/or assists in special projects as assigned.
- Train and assist end users to effectively utilize the enterprise ticketing system
- Maintain reliable “Hot Spare” Laptop/Desktop systems
- Dispose of old computer equipment utilizing approved vendors in compliance with environmentally friendly recycling processes
- Provide onsite hands on support for devices supported by Infrastructure support teams.
- Provides telephone and mobile phone support, including voicemail and account administration, deployment/replacement of equipment.
- Assists with support of wireless access points, VPN connectivity, and company issued mobile telephone devices.
- Provides after hours and round-the-clock support for emergency trouble calls when needed.
As required by Manager
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time