Mgr, Strategic Sourcing
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Corporate Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 7
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Responsible for building the negotiation fact base and conducting negotiations with suppliers for specified categories as part of the category management process. Responsible for managing ongoing cost base and supplier relationship activities such as cost changes, earned income program alterations, and earned income program expirations.
- Negotiate net cost and Earned Income programs for assigned categories/suppliers. For category management events, negotiate and make supplier award recommendations to management.
- Negotiate ongoing cost-based activities such as cost changes, program alterations, Earned Income program expirations, and category renewals/extensions.
- Communicate results of negotiation activities. Conduct on-going sourcing activities that support the category post award. Manage and validate steady state change requests
- Develop industry overviews and supplier profiles for each assigned category. Create cost component worksheets for supplier clean-sheet cost buildup.
- Ensure legal documentation is completed (Hold Harmless, Certificate of Insurance, Supplier Authorization Agreement, Bid Award Purchase Agreement, Terms Change Form)
- Continually identify new suppliers and initiate process to engage them. Engage suppliers and refine supplier/product fact base throughout the category management process. Coach suppliers throughout the category process to ensure active participation.
- Performs strategic sourcing function for specified categories including negotiating, finding and onboarding new suppliers, conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Prepare and make supplier award recommendations to senior sourcing leadership.
- Bachelors or equivalent combination of education and experience in lieu of degree sufficient to successfully perform essential job functions required, Master's degree a plus
- 7+ years of experience required. Significant experience within sourcing/procurement required. Expertise working within a retail, wholesale or distribution environment preferred
- Track record of fact-based negotiation skills
- Highly skilled in data analysis
- Understanding of supply chain principals and dynamics
- Understanding of the dynamics of supply and demand
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Team and project management background a plus
- Analytical thinker who can pull disparate pieces of data together to form a coherent story.
- Project management style mindset to manage suppliers through sourcing process.
- Ability to balance relationships with suppliers and internal organization.
- Collaborative team player who can work across functions (e.g., Analytics, Category Leadership, Supply Chain, etc.).
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast paced environment, adapt to shifting priorities, and be very detail oriented.
- Knowledge driven individual who can quickly build category understanding.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The associate is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- This position must be performed from the corporate facility in Houston, Texas.
- Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities or operating companies.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time