Cut & Wrap Lead - Cheese Room
Company: European Imports
Location: US-IL-Arlington Heights
Zip Code: 60005
Minimum Level of Education: Associate's degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
Cheese Room – Lead
Basic Function & Responsibility:
Oversee and provide supervision to maintain the integrity of the cheese room. Ensure that cheese is accurately and efficiently cut, weighed, wrapped, bagged, sealed, labeled and boxed while maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor product for accuracy and proper wrapping.
- Ensure that cheese room, equipment and all areas are sanitized, clean and neat at all times.
- Ensure that daily equipment checks and cleaning performed.
- Perform the inventory management function for all cut and wrapped products to maintain the appropriate level of finished goods inventory.
- Monitor and coach employees on preferred work methods, safety practices, and procedures.
- Record accidental damages to building, equipment and product and report to the Director of Operations and Facilities Manager.
- Problem-solve and make decisions on employee and work situation that arise. Know company policy in order to make fair and enforceable decisions.
- Assist with wrapping function and ensure good workflow on production line.
- Adhere to all applicable GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), personal hygiene, and SQF (Safe Quality Food) policies and procedures as described in the European Imports – Sysco Food Safety Training Manual.
- Assist with the training of new associates; coach staff for improvement and Lead by Example.
- Occasionally lead start of shift meetings with cut and wrap associates.
- Serve as back-fill in the Cut and Wrap Manager’s absence.
- Assist in product recalls as needed.
- Calibrate metal detector 3 times a day.
- Perform daily ATP testing, testing a minimum of 4 locations a day.
- Check sanitizer concentration (PPM) 1 time a week.
- Keep all logs up to date.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Key Skills / Attributes:
- Good foundational knowledge of warehouse functions and processes.
- Good leadership skills with the ability to motivate, develop, and oversee others.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to be able to work with and direct others.
- Good understanding of Safety, Food Safety, and Good Manufacturing Processes.
- A team player with a positive attitude towards work and associate engagement.
- Proactive with an eye for problem solving and continuous improvement. Able to plan ahead, but have alternative options in case things go wrong.
- Ability to adapt to change positively in response to changing circumstances.
- Ability to fully carry out instructions with attention to details.
- Willingness to learn various computer programs and reporting used in day to day operation.
- Ability to treat associates with respect and fairness
Moderate adverse working conditions. Exposed to (30°- 40°) or freezer (0°) approximately 95% of time.
General supervision is received from Cheese Room Manager.
Supervision is exercised over Cheese Re-Pack Associates.
- Associate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is required.
- 2 years of previous experience working within a distribution warehouse environment is required. Food Service distribution experience is preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs. (50 lbs. regularly) is required.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Ability to utilize a keyboard to enter, retrieve and manipulate data is required.
- Beginning skill in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel is required.
- Ability to operate Tiny Term system.
- Must have Illinois State Food Sanitation Manager Certificate or obtain it through passing the certification within 6 months of date of hire.
For questions regarding the status of your application, please contact Lee Gersch at 847-979-7650
or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time