Analyst II, Price Optimization
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
In this role you will be responsible for helping to define pricing strategy and revenue optimization plans for some of Sysco’s largest and most important national account customers. Your critical thinking ability and analytical skills will be integral in the support of a team working daily with senior leaders to validate threats, assess opportunities, and ultimately drive value for customers and for Sysco.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in opportunity validation calls to identify scope of requests from the national sales team. Utilize data to gain an understanding of customer’s purchasing behavior, brand strategies, pricing preferences, profitability, and supply chain model. Present financial analysis and recommendations to internal stakeholders for alignment and create customer agreement details.
- Performance manage existing customer programs approaching expiration/renewal; examine cost trends, customer compliance, and review overall strategy to create suggested renewal pricing and timeframes.
- Model item level customer profitability for customer RFP responses and coordinate findings with market basket analysts, corporate finance, supply chain and national sales.
- Participate in customer business reviews; create supporting documentation for targeted analysis as well as any presentation materials requested. Participate in planning and strategy sessions as well as customer debriefings.
- Create and maintain monthly opportunity reports as well as other reporting identified as critical to the team.
- Develop ideas and tools to improve usability of Sysco’s internal data sources. Work cross functionally to automate or improve existing processes to streamline accuracy and performance.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
- Bachelors degree in business, economics, or other quantitative field required. Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
- 2+ years quantitative analytics experience; distribution or foodservice experience a plus.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Quantitative problem solver; analytical thinker who can draw conclusions from multiple data sources
- Strong written and oral communication skills; polished presentation skills in front of an executive audience
- Collaborative team player who works well with others to achieve positive results
- Entrepreneurial spirit; embraces change and the challenge to innovate that comes with it
- Proficency in database reporting; Experience in SQL, 1010Data, R or other relevant software preferred.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel (e.g. formulas, pivot tables, data connections, macros and automation)
- Intermediate Powerpoint skills (e.g., ability to create and manipulate decks, add charts and other visuals)
- This position will be located at the headquarters facility in Houston Texas
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time