Operations Clerk, Inbound
Company: Buckhead Meat Atlanta
Zip Code: 30349
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Buckhead Beef we understand that building a great company is just like creating a great product - you must have all the right ingredients. For us, those ingredients are the cultures, backgrounds, ideas, and experiences behind our diverse workforce that embodies Buckhead Beef.
The person in this position assists with the administrative functions of the Operations Department by performing secretarial and clerical functions and other related duties as needed.
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Good working knowledge of the following: rules of effective English usage and proper grammar; personal computer operations and related business software; ethical conduct principles associated with the handling of confidential information and materials; knowledge of SYSCO Corporation and Buckhead Beef Operating Company including policies, procedures and business operations.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize your own work activities.
- Ability to analyze and disseminate numerical data; manage work time efficiently; follow procedures and policies; perform basic mathematical calculations; identify and solve problems; maintain a file system to include alphabetical, numerical, and chronological filing activities.
- Must possess excellent computer skills and have a working knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Responsible for written, verbal or other communications for Operations as required.
- Answer the phone and assist caller with the most appropriate response or action.
- Maintain the PM Operations files.
- Maintain the appropriate records needed for PM Operations.
- Must maintain attendance standard as set by the company.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary by management.
- Must have High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have 1-2 warehouse experience
- Some product knowledge perferred
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Design - Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; able to read and interpret written information.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee may have to lift up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities that may be required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Buckhead Beef is proud to be an EEO/AA-M/F/disability/protected veteran status/Genetic Data
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time