Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Arizona
Zip Code: 85353
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Manages group of Product Support Advisors, Category Planners, and local Merchandising Admins; number of direct reports depends on opco size. Accountable for the overall performance, management and development of the OpCo merchandising department Achieve department and company goals which includes but is not limited to: exemplary customer order fulfillment while managing inventory to the lowest possible DSO, support OpCo profitability through product cost and equity management, participate and support sales growth strategies, deploy inbound logistic strategies, drive replenishment strategy that contributes warehouse operational efficiencies Drive execution of corporate strategies such as Category Management and Product Assortment Management consisting of both national and local assortments to meet sales demands.
- Build, manage and develop OpCo merchandising team through regular department meetings; on-going interaction & communication; monitor associate morale; and respond to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement
- Interprets, trains and consistently reinforces Company policies, procedures and tools
- Manage Planners to achieve OpCo inventory management Service Level, DSO, A&O, and Spoilage goals while maximizing operational efficiencies
- Drive and support corporate and market initiative implementation through all OpCo functions in order to achieve/exceed Annual Operating Plan
- Manage the purchasing and merchandising of products in an effort to enhance customer satisfaction and profitability of departmental operations
- Manage item cost (product and freight) accuracy
- Drive activities that grow company gross margin and earned income
- Manage earned income components; Negotiate local earned income programs
- Manage shrink and approve credits as needed
- Provide field feedback to the market and corporate teams for action and/or alignment
- Participate in supplier and broker reviews to evaluate sales and gross profit growth opportunities
- Monitor market to increase market share
- Support cross functional item assortment management process
- Approve product returns per company policy as required
- 5+ years management/professional experience.
- Significant category management, merchandising and/or operations experience within a retail, wholesale or distribution environment preferdegree sufficient to successfully perform essential job functions.
- Master's degree
- Strong excel skills
- Ability to build high-performing teams & enable a culture of best practices
- Ability to manage conflict and reach quick resolution with facts and dialogue
- Ability to work cross functionally and build relationships across the organization/enterprise
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals of different backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to and lead change
- Proactive attitude of identifying and addressing issues as they arise
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written & verbal communications skills
- Ability to develop & implement innovative strategies to maximize sales & gross profit potential while driving customer loyalty & Marketing Associate engagement
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- Travel 5%
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time