Product Specialist (Sales) - Dallas, TX area
Company: European Imports
Zip Code: 60005
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
Product Specialist - Sales
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Serve as an available resource that can be reached daily during regular business hours to advise the Marketing Associates and Program Account Executives in your assigned OPCO’s regarding questions on EI product matching, sources and pricing. Responsibilities fall in three areas: Merchandising, Sales and Marketing.
Territory includes Oklahoma, Dallas, Longview, and Lubbock areas
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate directly with merchandisers on new items needed, major account opportunities, product issues, etc.
- Assist in growing earned income by focusing on products with enhanced earned income.
- Participate in Merchandising meetings as necessary.
- Grow new business by working closely with Marketing Associates on key accounts.
- Use software to analyze lost sales and penetration opportunities. Partner with Sales to recover or obtain seafood line business.
- Keep the sales force excited about the product line by:
- Making them aware of all of the items we have available for sale.
- Making presentation or leading ongoing training for all MA’s.
- Organizing new product introduction so that the sales force is well versed and able to effectively sell the EI line or product.
- Look at all opportunities to eliminate competition in accounts by assisting sales in getting surrounding items.
- Grow the category by:
- Partnering with sales to further penetrate existing business and open new business.
- Train the sales department during ride-with time to increase their knowledge and confidence of selling EI products.
- Attend, participate and present at District and Regional Sales Meetings as needed.
- Schedule customer sales calls and presentations.
- Develop and take responsibility for target account list.
- Plan and organize new employee orientation training.
- Grow EI Brand percentage by focusing on EI Branded items and opportunities.
- Plan and organize the EI area for all Sysco Food Shows.
- Assist with field and in-house Customer visits and tours as needed.
- Adhere to all applicable GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), personal hygiene, and SQF (Safe Quality Food) policies and procedures as described in the European Imports – Sysco Food Safety Training Manual.
- Submit itineraries on a weekly basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
General working conditions – exposed to adverse conditions 5% or less of time.
General supervision is received from the Western US Sales Manager.
- Bachelor degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is preferred.
- 2 years of sales experience within a food service distribution environment is required.
- Experience with specialty and import foods a plus.
- Ability to educate and showcase specialty food products to chefs, sales associates and other key stake holders in the Sysco community.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of co-workers, managers and outside parties.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to travel 20% of the time in designated territory.
- Efficiency in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Live in the Dallas area.
For questions regarding the status of your application, please contact Lee Gersch at 847-979-7650
or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time