Maintenance Administrative Assistant
Company: Buckhead Meat of Dallas
Zip Code: 75237
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Buckhead Meat of Dallas
Job Summary: Prepare all purchase orders for the maintenance dept. Other duties might include creating and maintaining purchasing files and price lists, as well as determining if the maintenance department has enough inventory on hand.
- Prepare purchase orders and send copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests.
- Determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs, ordering more materials when necessary.
- Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
- Perform buying duties when necessary.
- Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
- Review requisition orders in order to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates in order to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
- Track the status of requisitions, contracts and orders.
- Calculate costs of orders, and charge or forward invoices to appropriate accounts.
- Check shipments when they arrive to ensure that orders have been filled correctly and those goods meet specifications.
- Compare suppliers ‘bills with bids and purchase orders in order to verify accuracy.
- Approve bills for payment.
- Locate suppliers, using sources such as catalogs and the internet, and interview them to gather information about products to be ordered.
- Maintain knowledge of all organizational and governmental rules affecting purchases, and provide information about these rules to organization staff members and to vendors.
- Monitor in-house inventory movement and complete inventory transfer forms for bookkeeping purposes.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of office systems to include computers, fax machines, calculators, telephones, printers and copy machines.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Computerized Data Entry skills.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks at once.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-Oriented. Strong focus on accuracy of work.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with others. Strong team player.
- Ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals.
- Commitment to work until job is completed.
- Interacts well with others. Good team player.
- Must be flexible to changing procedures/ priorities.
- Strong logical reasoning skills.
- Strong understanding of safe work practices.
- Customer-service oriented.
- Detail oriented.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
- Ability to sit long period of times.
- Ability to bend and twist.
- Ability to use of hands to perform clerical tasks
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time