Senior Staff Accountant
Company: Guest Supply
Zip Code: 08873
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
The Senior Accountant is responsible to perform general accounting activities of moderate complexity with emphasis on accuracy of inventory reporting, the monthly close, account analysis, and summaries as required for effective financial management of the business. This position will support the Accounting Manager in bridging actual, budget, and forecasting, along with providing guidance to other staff accountants. Ensures Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX) compliance as it relates to controls and segregation of duties for function area(s).
- Compile financial information to perform / support accounting processes such as General Ledger entries, Balance Sheet account reconciliations and Profit & Loss variance analysis.
- Maintain accuracy and integrity over reporting of manufacturing production costs
- Review inventory management and reporting
- Prepare consolidated financial statements by analyzing information from the General Ledger and working in collaboration with other department leads.
- Analyze financial information to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for other managers.
- Coordinate Staff Accountant(s) activities and assist with reconciliations, journal entries. Provide guidance on the proper handling of financial transactions in compliance with SOX.
- Recommend, develop and implement accounting procedure changes as necessary.
- Produce quarterly sales bonus profit and loss statement for executive sales management, including expected actual year-end bonus earnings.
- Prepare and submit year-end sales bonus profit and loss statements for executive sales team and Operating Units’ profit plan operating expenses.
- Assist with preparation of annual Profit Plan and miscellaneous projects.
- Participate in the maintenance and oversight of company record keeping in compliance with federal, state and local regulations and SOX compliance.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, INCLUDING DEGREES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required. Master’s degree in related field and CPA preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE (YEARS & TYPE OF EXPERIENCE):
- Minimum Required: 5-7 years related accounting experience, including managerial.
- Preferred: 7+ years related accounting experience including manuafacturing industry preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES (TYPE & PROFICIENCY):
- Advanced computer skills and proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs with an emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with online accounting systems. PeopleSoft preferred.
- Exposure to general ledger accounting and financial statement reporting.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and inter-department staff. Capable of working with internal staff from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Ability to mentor and develop individuals and teams. Able to engage and lead team discussions and meetings. Understands team dynamics and works well within a team structure.
- Customer Service – Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed. Follow up as needed.
- Planning / Organization - Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities/deadlines and shift priorities as necessary. Uses time effectively.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Follows through on commitments.
- Team player attitude with the ability to work independently.
- Detail-oriented with outstanding levels of accuracy, while analyzing complex financial information.
“PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT”
The physical, mental, and environmental conditions in which the work is performed. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- This position will primarily work in an office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position may require evening and weekend work depending on business needs.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time