Company: Sysco Central Warehouse
Zip Code: 89511
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
This position is responsible for maintaining, monitoring, and coordinating activities in the warehouse management systems (WMS) to ensure operational efficiencies. Performs effective, timely communications as necessary to respective associates and management. Assists the Manager in carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Sysco Central Warehouse Facilities’ policies and procedures and applicable state and federal laws. Open and/or close facility daily. Oversee the warehouse operations in the absence of the manager. Performs all duties safely, accurately and assists to meet set productivity goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Manager in communicating and reinforcing policies and procedures (Preferred Work Methods and Best Business Practices) to ensure associates are trained in safety, job knowledge, and attainment of performance standards.
- Assist Manager in monitoring work flow, balance staff between all work areas to maintain an even flow, and monitor productivity and volume through the use of the labor management system.
- Assist Manager in monitoring associate’s work (labor management) and perform associate evaluations on an on-going basis to coach them on expectations, reward above average performance, and identify and coach poor performance levels.
- Assist Manager in planning, scheduling to cover vacation, holidays, workers compensation, and other shift fill-ins, and coordinate personnel needed to accomplish all warehousing activities.
- Assists Manager in training associates for equipment certifications, and maintains accurate records to ensure all designated associates are certified on appropriate equipment, and that all equipment certifications remain current.
- Must obtain and maintain current certification on material handling equipment (MHE).
- Operates appropriate material handling equipment (MHE) such as forklifts and pallet jacks in a safe and orderly manner in an effort to reduce accidents and injuries.
- Assists Manager in training associates to work in other warehouse functions and areas which include inventory control functions, loading, unloading, receiving, put-away, selecting, and packing on an as qualified and as needed basis.
- Assists Manager in interviewing, hiring, training associates, evaluating performance, rewarding and coaching subordinates.
- Work closely with Inventory Control and Slotting Maintenance Associate to ensure cycle counts are performed and slot maintenance is complete.
- Works effectively with immediate supervisor to minimize warehouse shrink (product loss).
- Responsible for resolving all warehouse systems (SWMS) and procedural problems.
- Responsible for placing tickets utilizing appropriate protocol with corporate IT for SWMS/warehouse problems following documented procedures.
- Responsible for day-end procedures in SWMS/SUS and the FedEx manifest system.
- Responsible for maintaining established labor management settings in SWMS.
- Responsible for efficient scheduling of inbound freight.
- Responsible for the neatness and cleanliness of assigned work area, accuracy of warehouse locations, and travel aisles.
- Reports any unfixable/unsafe issues/acts immediately to supervisor.
- Observes and enforces all safety rules in an effort to reduce accidents and injuries.
- Uses warehouse computers and radio frequency (RF) equipment in a safe and professional manner.
- Understands and complies with all applicable company policies (i.e. attendance, Code of Business Conduct & Ethics, Associate Handbook, etc.).
- Ensure compliance with all applicable State/Federal laws, regulations, and policies (i.e. OSHA (Occupational Health and Safety Administration), AIB (American Institute of Baking), etc.).
- Observe proper lifting techniques and physical work practices as defined in the Preferred Work Methods documentation.
- Perform other warehouse duties and accept additional responsibilities or special projects as requested.
Assist Manager in carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Sysco Central Warehouse Facilities’ policies and procedures and applicable state and federal laws. Open and/or close facility daily. Effectively run the warehouse in the absence of the Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill set, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An individual should contact the Human Resource representative or hiring manager if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Suite required.
- Strong warehouse management systems, AS 400 and PC skills required.
- Overall general knowledge of all areas of SWMS (Slotting, Inventory Control, Order Generation, Receiving, Putaway, Picking, etc.)
- Analytical and detail oriented skills required.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have ability to plan and organize work and time, analyze and disseminate numerical data, follow policies and procedures, possess basic math skills, and identify and solve problems.
- Must pass a functional capacity test.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required, in addition to two to three years of warehouse related experience.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations is required. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals, and to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers is also required.
Must have ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must be able to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
It is expected that the incumbent will be able to work in a proactive manner, address issues, and solve problems by using previous education and experience in identifying appropriate actions. Problems will vary in complexity and there will not always be a clearly defined solution. Some solutions may require modifying past applications or creating a solution unique to the current situation but within the regulations that would apply.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Certification on material handling equipment is required, or the ability to become certified.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION:
The working conditions and physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the Human Resources Department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The associate is frequently required to stand and walk, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit. The associate must be able to stand and walk up to 80% of the work day. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 pounds, and seldom lift and/or move 56 pounds and up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Job duties are performed in a warehouse environment. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to fast moving material handling equipment. The associate is frequently exposed to variable temperatures and humid conditions, vehicle emissions; and is infrequently exposed to contained toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment usually is loud.
This is a full-time position. The incumbent must have the ability to work a varying schedule which might include shift work (days or nights), weekdays or weekends, and some holidays. Work hours may vary or change based on customer order requirements.
Some travel is required to support the business needs of the Central Warehouses.
The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
For questions regarding the status of your application, please contact Jill Slaughter at 540-631-2375
or by email at: Slaughter.email@example.com
Please apply directly at: http://baughne.sysco.com/
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time