HR Coordinator - Bilingual in Spanish
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Los Angeles
Zip Code: 91789
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
The ideal candidate would be bilingual in English and Spanish
This HR role is responsible for assisting in the daily operations and activities of the HR Department providing administrative support to successfully implement local initiatives, and execute regional and corporate programs. Help to create an environment to attract, develop, retain and engage talent throughout the OpCo to deliver business goals.
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Basic knowledge of State and Federal employment laws and be able to read and interpret policies, procedures and laws.
- Ability to conduct training programs and make group presentations.
- Strong interpersonal, telephone, and written communication skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Ability to handle several tasks at the same time, with numerous interruptions, and must be able to keep information confidential.
- Proficient in use of PC including Windows, Microsoft Office, and Excel.
- Ability to work independently.
- Execution of transactional core HR processes (e.g. coordinate and conduct new associate orientation, unemployment claims processes, onboarding and exit interviews, transitional return to work, leave administration, OSHA reporting, etc.)
- Support hiring managers and Talent Acquisition to support recruitment and staffing plans.
- Support HRBP to drive an inclusive and diverse culture
- Administer programs to enhance employee engagement and satisfaction levels
- Provides technical, customer relations, and general support for major initiatives and projects
- Support, maintain and track compliance programs
- Create and/or distribute communications (memos, emails, letters, presentations, spreadsheets, surveys, etc.).
- Track data and/or consolidate responses as requested and follow-up with others as needed to obtain information and identify insights.
- Administrative support for meetings, conference calls, video- conference calls, webinars/e-meetings, new hire orientation, etc.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma.
- 2-3 years of Human Resources Generalist, Recruitment or Employee Relations experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- College Degree or Certificate in Human Resources.
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Planning and Organizing: Demonstrated ability to plan and organize your own work activities; analyze and disseminate numerical data; manage work time efficiently; follow procedures and policies; perform basic mathematical calculations; identify and solve problems; maintain a file system to include alphabetical, numerical, and chronological filing activities.
- Communication: Must possess excellent interpersonal, communication, business writing, grammar and verbal communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee may have to lift up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities that may be required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- May sit in front of a switchboard console for long periods of time or remain at a work station for extended periods or until relieved by a supervisor.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work environment is the front desk office setting.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time