Swing Warehouse Lead
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Zip Code: 99501
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This is an Operations position responsible for assisting in the supervision of activities associated with Swing warehouse operations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the performance and/or supervision of order selection and order entry/invoicing, product replenishment, order loading, ensuring safety and security of Swing warehouse operations, ‘out of town’ dispatch and routing, providing management and direction to assigned warehouse staff.
- Assists in supervising the daily work and safety of associates engaged in order selection, product replenishment, and order loading, to include all warehouse functions, selectors, loaders and Swing forklift operators.
- Collaborates with Sales Representatives, Operations and Buyers to expedite orders with adequate and efficient production and maintain quality assurance control.
- Assists in supervising the proper utilization of Company assets in support of the warehouse.
- Coordinates required repairs with proper departments as necessary.
- Reviews Swing warehouse functions and various warehouse productivity reporting. Suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with the implementation of changes within Swing warehouse.
- Conducts shipping and loading audits daily ensuring all required documentation is accurately completed (including HAACP and food safety) and that material is handled and stored correctly with a minimum potential for loss.
- ‘Out of Town’ dispatch and routing; and coordinates with daytime dispatch/operations.
- Troubleshoots and interacts with warehouse selectors.
- Assists with monitoring sanitation and facility/racking damage to ensure a safe and clean warehouse.
- Assist with the training of new associates, including cross training of existing associates.
- Maintains associate relations through regular department or pre- shift meetings; maintains on-going interaction; keeps open communication channels with associates by answering questions and explaining policies and procedures; monitors associate morale; and submits and respond to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement.
- Collaborates with Safety department to aid in training, conducting associate observations, updating preferred work methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root causes, and routine safety inspections. Makes recommendations for disciplinary action and/or behavior modification where required.
- Complies with local, state and federal regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, AIB, FDA, USDA, etc.)
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); three - five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 1 year prior outside foodservice sales coordination AND/OR customer support experience
- Experience with supervision or former mentoring of an individual or team.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Knowledge of office systems to include computers, fax machines, calculators, telephones, printers and copy machines.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point)
- Computerized Data Entry skills and strong typing skills
- Capable of handling multiple tasks at once. High energy level.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, and ability to learn Sysco technology software and programs.
- Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings.
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments and shifts in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Ability to work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- Reports to work promptly and regularly; works well with others; demonstrates the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong telephone communication skills
- Able to work in a fast pace environment
- Ability to sit and work at a P/C for extended periods
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms or balance. The associate is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job:
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to wet, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts. The associate works non-traditional business hours including evenings, weekends and holidays. The associate may occasionally be required to travel to other Operating Companies or the corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his/her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time