Human Resources Manager
Company: Sysco South RDC
Zip Code: 32615
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
Supports the Senior Director, HR (HRBP) and leadership to successfully implement local initiatives, and execute redistribution network and corporate programs. Help to create an environment to attract, develop, retain and engage talent throughout the South Redistribution Center to deliver business goals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with HRBP to execute core HR processes (e.g. performance management, talent management, total rewards, compensation, training and development, interactive process of transitional return to work, etc.)
- Provide coaching and guidance to leaders and associates regarding HR in areas such as policy and procedure
- Partner with leaders and COEs to support recruitment and staffing plans
- Partner with HRBP to drive an inclusive and diverse culture
- Develops, implements and administers programs to enhance associate engagement and satisfaction levels (e.g. Sysco Speaks action planning)
- Employee and labor relations (investigations, conflict resolution)
- Support in reviewing, interpreting, administering and ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws, and company policies and procedures
- Assists in determining training needs and developing programs to improve performance and professional development
- Manage vendor relationships such as temporary services, medical providers, and background screening services
- Responsible for budget preparation which includes managing and tracking employment-related costs, and work within established budget
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years of experience in Human Resources management. Three years of which have been in a supervisory position preferred and/or an equivalent combination of related training and experience
- Bachelor’s degree with major or emphasis in Human Resources, Business Administration or a closely related field required for external candidates but preferred for internal candidates
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) Professional Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) certification preferred and/or certification from the Society for Human Resources (SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP) preferred
- Systems Applications and Products (e.g. Workday, iCIMS, eTIME, ADP, HRizon, etc.) experience preferred
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must pass a physical assessment test.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The ability to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- The ability to frequently sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities.
- Must be able to utilize office equipment such as desktop/notebook computers, copiers, printers, scanners, telephones, and calculators.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be able to work in various indoor and outdoor climates.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time