Company: Sysco Intermountain
Location: US-UT-West Jordan
Zip Code: 84081
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
This position is located at 9494 S Prosperity Rd, West Jordan, UT, 84081
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Driver Helper will be responsible for delivering orders to customers in a timely manner and good condition while maintaining a professional demeanor along with using preferred work methods to perform job safely and successfully while satisfying the customer.
- Load and unload truck and/or company vehicles by hand or by use of a hand truck or dolly.
- Unload and verify all returning product with the appropriate check- in personnel.
- Pad, stack, and secure items in position in order to prevent damage during shipment.
- Deliver and stack merchandise on customer premises.
- May operate company non-commercial vehicle to deliver product to customer as directed by the Transportation Supervisor.
- Accurately count and deliver orders.
- Assist Drivers off-load products to customers.
- Able to lift up to 90 lbs. (Average case weight is 50 lbs.)
- Deliver food and related items to customers by unloading product from trailer and transporting it to specified location.
- Work overtime as required.
- Perform job safely and participate in on-going safety awareness efforts.
- Adhere to established work schedule and attendance standards, and be punctual to work and meetings.
- Able to count money and keep account of merchandise
- Two-wheel dolly experience
- Equipment operations experience
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to lift up to 90 lbs. and climb in and out of truck throughout the day
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time