Operations Support Analyst
Company: Newport Meat Southern California
Location: US-CA-Irvine, Vernon
Zip Code: 92606
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
More information about this job:
Newport Meat Southern California
Under the direction of the Business Systems Manager, the job of Operations Support Analyst is to provide remote/on-site support for Newport Meat and Palisades Ranch to all internal users, manage business critical systems such as the Uniform Meat System (UMS) used by Sysco’s Specialty Meat Group division, and manage the company’s computer environment.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Configures and troubleshoots RF devices, terminals, bar code scanners, scales and thin client desktops used within the warehouse/manufacturing.
- Installs and configures laser, thermal, and impact printing devices (UMS/Windows).
- Vsifax, UnForm and Roadnet application support.
- Provides after-hours/on-call support during non-business hours.
- Administers and manages user accounts, print and network services, and program access on UMS/IBM AIX server.
- Installs, deploys, and configures client desktops for users within the organization.
- Resolves and diagnoses client-side IT issues such as network connection (wired/wireless), operating system (Windows 7/8.1/10), and software issues (email clients and MS Office).
- Manage and provide access to network shares and printers for all users within the organization
- Manage VOIP phone system.
- Manages hardware assets such as desktops, laptops, printers, and spare parts.
- Inputs trouble tickets into Remedy Portal and provides escalation to Corporate IT teams when necessary/required.
- Assists other IT teams to resolve network and server issues, install and configure new server hardware, and participate in meetings to stay current with corporate wide IT projects.
- Must have 2+ years of experience related to Information Technology. Specifically in a Desktop Support or IT Technician role.
- Must be knowledgeable and proficient with MS Office applications such as Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- Must have at least 2+ years of experience configuring, troubleshooting, and managing desktops running Windows Operating System.
- Must have experience diagnosing and resolving client-side network issues such as DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP configuration issues with Windows OS.
- Must have experience in managing access to network shares and printers from a file and/or print server with Windows OS.
- Must be able to install, configure, and troubleshoot various types of printing devices such as laser and thermal printers.
PREFERRED BUT, NOT REQUIRED SKILLS
- Experience configuring RF Terminals, barcode scanners, and thin-clients
- Experience creating/terminating network cables and phone lines
- Experience with Linux/UNIX operating systems management and administration
- Experience with UnForm, VsiFax and LaserFiche
- Knowledgeable about document scanning systems and document database archives
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time