Program Sales Manager
Company: Newport Meat Southern California
Location: US-CA-Los Angeles
Zip Code: 92606
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Travel Percentage: Up to 75%
More information about this job:
Newport Meat Southern California
Brief role description
The Sales Manager role for the Sysco Specialty Meat Group requires exceptional management of sale performance among sales consultants. This position is responsible for coaching, mentoring and developing the talent of their sales consultants to achieve planned Revenue and GP$ growth within their territory.
Primary areas of responsibility:
- Manages the performance and development of Sales Consultants within the territory.
- Engages in one-on-one coaching and direction by conducting at least 3 days of sales consultants work-with’s a week.
- Leverages the Company resources (Portion, Merchandising and Logistics) to maximize the consultative time of the Sales Consultant through effective usage of sales support resources to grow profitable sales.
- Accountable for providing coaching, training, and timely feedback to drive sales associate development of consultative brand selling skills of the sales associates (sales process).
- Fully utilizes the CMP process to manage performance of all sales associates in the territory.
- Responsible for overseeing and leading the training of new sales consultants as needed in territory.
- Per direction of the VP of Sales, fully leverage One Sysco sales opportunities with local operating companies.
- Directly manages and engages critical/developing customer accounts, and ensure proper management of all other accounts in the territory.
- Per direction of the VP of Sales; implements changes to programs or process; ensuring all sales consultant achieve required behavior changes and performance metrics within the territory.
- In conjunction with the VP of Sales and Merchandising continue to provide input in developing new products with current and new suppliers to stay on trend and relevant in the market place.
- Develops and delivers sales budgets for the territory.
- Professional represents the Specialty meat company at various community and/or business meetings to promote the company.
- Additional sales management responsibilities include, but are not limited to, AR Management & Operational Issues
High School education required. Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. business administration) or equivalent educational level preferred.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
2 or more years’ experience successfully growing profitable sales in the food service industry.
5+ years’ food service sales experience in the food service industry.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a variety of stakeholders; can derive insights from others through probing questions and collaborative problem solving
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to execute multiple initiatives autonomously; Able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Demonstrates mastery of skills in the area of consultative selling, marketing principles, prospecting, networking, coaching and negotiations
- Ability to effectively coach, counsel, train and direct associates
- Ability to supervise and motivate others
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence
- Develop new business, penetrate existing accounts, and minimize lost business to achieve profitable sales growth and special objectives within assigned territory.
- Seek and qualify prospects in accordance with Company account stratification goals.
- Research customer business needs and develop a mix of products and service to meet needs.
- Evaluate market trends and recommend products to customers, based on business needs and goals.
- Be informed of market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales; share information with customers as part of value-added services provided.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, and product uses. Provide product information and practical training to customer personnel.
- Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary, working with the credit department and client; collect all balances due based on approved credit terms.
- Manage deliveries to the routing schedule published by the transportation department; troubleshoot any problems that occur during the order process (for example, out of stock items, special order items, low inventory, etc.).
- Participate in company functions, promotions, customer visits, and customer events. Attend and participate in general sales meetings.
- Review and analyze daily and weekly reports such as unprofitable accounts, special delivery reports and sales/gross profit margin data.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, maintaining sales records, preparing sales presentations and menu suggestions, and conducting plant tours.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time