Diesel Fleet Mechanic Technician II - Journeyman - $7,500 Sign On Bonus!
Company: Sysco Atlanta
Location: US-GA-College Park
Zip Code: 30337
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
This position is located at 2225 Riverdale Rd, College Park, GA, 30337
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Syso Atlanta Job Fair! - Diesel Fleet Technicians welcome! Sign on bonus - $7,500!
Saturday, January 12th 2019 - 8 AM to 2 PM - Walk-Ins Welcome!!!
Location: Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Lithia Springs
895 Bob Arnold BLVD.
Lithia Springs, GA 30122
This is an Operations position responsible for maintaining and repairing SYSCO fleet equipment to ensure availability and reduce breakdowns.
- Performs major and general mechanical repairs to SYSCO vehicles and reefer units including trouble shooting mechanical problems and identifying their solution in an effort to correct malfunctions and reduce further breakdowns.
- Follows PM schedules on all equipment.
- Completes repair of vehicles in accordance with DOT and State laws.
- Maintains accurate records of each repair performed on SYSCO vehicles.
- Maintains shop area by keeping tools and equipment picked up; cleaning up liquid spills; sweeping floor; dumping trash, and performing other related duties.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Quality - Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Class A license.
Education and / or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Motor Vehicle Inspector for Tractor/Trailer.
- Certificates, license, registrations in diesel engines, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and braking systems.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Knowledge of basic welding and use of acetylene torch.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud (diesel engine noise and shop equipment).
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time