CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Company: Buckhead Meat of Atlanta
Zip Code: 30337
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
This is an Inside Sales position responsible for focusing on and supporting sales to our local, direct customers. Performing sales activities for the purpose of achieving sales growth, assigned profit objectives and ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction through customer service activities.
This position may require working non-traditional hours (evenings and holidays) in order to successfully meet customers’ needs. This includes occasional Sunday shifts (approximately 4-5 hours) and Monday holidays.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to maintain or improve relationship between our direct customers and Buckhead Meat.
- Working knowledge of all product categories sold to drive penetration of existing accounts.
- Strong telephone communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Necessary inter-department communications related to certain sales, credit, and customer service activities;
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, managers and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to effectively use main Microsoft Office applications (Word & Excel).
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Performs sales activities and provide customer support for our direct customers and support Sales Consultants (Street Reps) to grow sales and margins .
- Sell, via the phone and other media, all major product categories through the presentation of new products, services, ideas, uses and applications in an effort to meet all established sales and profit objectives.
- When necessary, perform merchandising research of product availabilty, product services information, special offers and/or company promotions. Management and generation of sales with the frozen push list.
- When possible, sells excess and/or obsolete inventory items, as identified, to reduce product waste and unsatisfactorily high inventory levels.
- Promotes positive working relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Report on industry and market competition that is brought to your attention.
- Promote positive working relationships with all internal and external associates and customers.
- Process credits, pick-ups, invoice adjustments, couriers, special orders, and samples for customers.
- Notify customers and Sales Reps as to substitutions and/or shortages.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from all levels.
- Must be detail-oriented, a fast learner and have the ability to handle multiple tasks while still being organized.
- Proven ability to maintain or improve customer relationships.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- A customer-focused approach, with a clear understanding of key selling concepts, principles, and applications.
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality.
- Oral Communication - Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Business Acumen - Displays orientation to profitability.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment is moderately loud.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time