Project Engineer, Process Design
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
The Process Design/Project Engineer will actively work on the design and implementation of produce, meat, poultry and seafood industry processing projects nationwide as part of the Design and Construction team. Knowledge of specialty meat processing, sanitary design, equipment selection and system start-up and commissioning is required. Will work under the Director of Facilities Design to develop feasibility, conceptual and detailed process design drawings and work with the regional project managers in the selection of appropriate vendors, coordination of equipment installations, integration and start up.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processing area, primary and secondary packaging layout design.
- Create Block Flow Diagrams, PFD’s and P&ID’s.
- Assist in reviewing vendor and OEM drawings for equipment recommendations, valves & instruments specifications and selection; FAT & VAT.
- Oversee project installations, yellow-line P&ID’s, redline civil and packaging installation drawings.
- Facilitate design reviews and manage design changes.
- Write engineering instructions, generate bill of materials (BOM) and equipment order requisitions.
- Maintain project documentation data base up to date.
- Communicate with Sysco operating companies, PMs, vendors, OEM’s and contractors.
- Support project managers with assembling project Requests for Proposal (RFPs).
- Coordinate receipt and verification of project closeout documents.
- Other duties that may be assigned by the Construction department leadership.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred but not required if the candidate possesses appropriate work experience.
- AutoCAD proficiency is a must.
- 5 years of experience in an engineering and/or plant operations setting required.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Competency in the use of MS Office applications including Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, and Word required.
- Knowledge of process utilities and HVAC systems for food processing plants and cGMP.
- Understanding of the engineering work process.
- Knowledge of mechanical equipment, valves, instruments and controls devices used in food processing and packaging engineering.
- Knowledge of multi-temperature food storage facilities is a plus.
- Knowledge Adobe Sign; formerly Echosign.
- Familiar with construction and warehousing terminology necessary.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Skilled AutoCAD user able to create PFDs and P&IDs, read architectural and civil drawings.
- Acquainted with material specifications and selection for the food processing industry.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and external partners.
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret construction documents and related materials.
ORGANIZATION AND TIME MANAGEMENT
- Organizational and management skills regarding construction documentation are extremely important.
- Good time management skills are required. The ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously is important.
- Must be able to work well in a multi culture, fast paced, quality oriented team environment.
- Must be able to identify problems, develop and evaluate alternative solutions, and successfully resolve them in a timely manner.
- Must have good judgement regarding problems and issues. Must know when to seek help in resolving problems.
- Take initiative to act within confines of the job to positively affect the overall goals of SYSCO.
- Provide accurate information and assistance to support the Director of Facilities Design and other internal departments in achieving their operational objectives.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time