Outside Sales Manager
Company: Metro Poultry, Division of A.M. Briggs, Inc
Zip Code: 20785
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Metro Poultry, Division of A.M. Briggs, Inc
Brief Role Description
The Sales Manager role requires exceptional management of sales performance among the outside sales team. This position is responsible for coaching, mentoring and developing the talent of their sales associates to achieve planned Sales, Pound & GP$ growth.
Primary Areas of Responsibility
- Manages the performance and development of the Outside Sales team.
- Engages in one-on-one coaching and direction by conducting work in the field with each outside sales rep 5 days a week.
- Effectively lead and facilitate frequent meetings that educate, motivate and ultimately produce key behavior changes to drive sales.
- Keeps the team focused and accountable to sales objectives & goals.
- Effectively manages training for all new outside sales reps.
- Works with inside sales manager to establish strong inside/outside sales teams with the goal of the inside sales team member managing day to day ordering & any customer service issues.
- Lead and direct customer engagement efforts through specific events such as product demonstrations, food shows, Metropolitan facility and supplier tours.
- Works with the Business Resource Specialist to identify additional sales opportunities within the current customer base.
- Directs and manages weekly prospecting goals.
- Accountable for providing coaching, training, and timely feedback to drive sales associate development of consultative selling skills of the sales associates (sales process).
- Fully utilizes the CMP process to manage performance of all outside sales associates.
- Directly manages and engages critical/developing customer accounts, and ensure proper management of all other accounts.
- Fully supports & helps drive all sales promotional activities.
- Per direction of the VP of Sales; implements changes to programs or process; ensuring all sales associates achieve required behavior changes and performance metrics
- Additional sales management responsibilities include, but are not limited to, AR Management & Operational Issues
High School education required. Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. business administration) or equivalent educational level preferred.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
2 or more years’ experience successfully growing profitable sales in the food service industry.
5+ years’ food service sales experience in the food service industry.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a variety of stakeholders; can derive insights from others through probing questions and collaborative problem solving
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to execute multiple initiatives autonomously; Able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Demonstrates mastery of skills in the area of consultative selling, marketing principles, prospecting, networking, coaching and negotiations
- Ability to effectively coach, counsel, train and direct associates
- Ability to supervise and motivate others
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence
- Develop new business, penetrate existing accounts, and minimize lost business to achieve profitable sales growth and special objectives.
- Seek and qualify prospects in accordance with Company account stratification goals.
- Research customer business needs and develop a mix of products and service to meet needs.
- Evaluate market trends and recommend products to customers, based on business needs and goals.
- Be informed of market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales; share information with customers as part of value-added services provided.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, and product uses. Provide product information and practical training to customer personnel.
- Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary, working with the credit department and client; collect all balances due based on approved credit terms.
- Manage deliveries to the routing schedule published by the transportation department; troubleshoot any problems that occur during the order process (for example, out of stock items, special order items, low inventory, etc.).
- Participate in company functions, promotions, customer visits, and customer events. Attend and participate in sales meetings.
- Review and analyze daily and weekly reports such as special order requests, customer bid files, and sales/gross profit margin data.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, maintaining sales records, processing credits and pick-up requests, preparing sales quotes and menu suggestions, and filing reports.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time