Safety Coordinator - College Park, GA
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Atlanta
Location: US-GA-College Park
Zip Code: 30337
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This is a Safety position responsible for assisting in the daily operations of the Safety Department, administering all Safety's policies, procedures, and programs to assure profitable performance and growth of the organization and providing worker's compensation support and assisting the Safety Director in other projects as required.
- Participates in the investigation of vehicle accidents and injuries, identifies causes and find corrective actions to alleviate any future occurrences.
- Through observations, media or occurrences, review current safe work practices and develop new or corrective practices to promote a safe work environment.
- Engage Operations Associates to follow the Sysco Work Methods into their daily job functions.
- Assist in presenting new hire and annual safety training programs that captures the attention of associates and entails all the required elements of Vision Zero, DOT and OSHA compliance.
- Administrative duties such as: assisting the Human Resources Department, setting up files, setting meetings, managing licenses and monthly training logs/files.
- Assist with projects and produce miscellaneous statistical reports as required for Management and Safety.
- Ensure all training and Driver Qualification files are current and complete.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Other duties as related or assigned.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent
- Solid Excel skills, extremely organized, reliable, and self- motivated
- Minimum of 6 months' experience in a Safety department
- College degree
- 1-3 years' Worker's Compensation Claims Management experience
- Technical knowledge of DOT and state laws
- Strong interpersonal, telephone, and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to handle several tasks at the same time, with numerous interruptions, and must be able to keep information confidential
- Excellent working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to work independently
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee may have to lift up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities that may be required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- May sit in front of a computer for long periods of time or remain at a work station for extended periods or until relieved by a supervisor.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time