Company: Newport Meat of Nevada
Location: US-NV-Las Vegas
Zip Code: 89118
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Newport Meat of Nevada
Sanitation is responsible for ensuring daily sanitary conditions of equipment and plant are met each day before production starts while ensuring standards and regulatory guidelines are met.
Employees receive a copy of Newport Meat’s organizational reporting structure at the time of hire. It is also posted in the break room.
DUTIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS
Each employee is responsible for the food safety and quality of our products. Each employee is responsible for reporting food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action (managers, supervisors, QA).
- Perform cleaning operations of the processing, packaging, staging, dock, bathroom, offices and welfare facilities.
- Responsible for cleaning overhead areas throughout facility including pipes, cords/hoses, refrigeration units, light covers and other fixtures when assisted from Maintenance.
- Duties include gathering all trash from the production, warehouse, bathrooms, break rooms and disposing of it.
- Cleaning of all flooring in the warehouse and cooler, freezer, and dry age room areas. Cleaning of all walls and doors in the warehouse and dock.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPOSIBILITIES
- Consistent compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- To understand and know the company’s safety and health goals and the objectives. Assist the company in achieving these goals by participating in the safety program.
- To help develop and follow all safe work practices.
- To give a written report of unsafe conditions or unsafe acts to management.
- To report all accidents, injuries or illness to managers/supervisors.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIORNMENT
Physical strength to lift and maneuver 50-80 pounds. Standing, stooping and climbing are regular activities for this employee. Employee must have the ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities. Normal levels of eyesight and hearing after correction. Color vision is required. The ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate various processing and material handling equipment is necessary. The ability to smell is required, in order to detect levels of wholesomeness and spoilage.
This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing and warehouse areas. These areas are cold and wet and exposure to moving machinery and sharp surfaces area a regular occurrence.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TRAINING for Food Safety
New Hire Training:
- Food Safety Quality Assurance –
- GMPs: Personal Hygiene
- Bacteria Basics
- HACCP Overview
- Basic food Defense
- Intro to food allergens
- Intro food safety standards & SQF
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time