Specialist II, Freight Invoice & Claims Processing
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
Responsible for the daily review, audit, and processing of (i) carrier freight invoices and adjustments, and (ii) freight cargo claims managed by the FECM (Freight Expense & Cargo Claims Mgmt.) team within Sysco Corporate Logistics for complicated accounts. This includes, but is not limited to, any/all Sysco managed inbound freight shipments within our TMS (Transportation Mgmt. System) servicing operating companies, affiliates, and/or subsidiaries.
Acts as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) for the FECM team in the area of: invoice auditing, claim processing, TMS system FECM module, and FECM data.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for and performs any combination of inbound freight invoice auditing and payment processing for complicated accounts, which normally requires more research, communication and processing.
- Responsible for and performs any combination of freight cargo claims processing. This includes, but not limited to, evaluating and researching cargo claim requests submitted from Sysco operating companies, identifying and resolving errors or other discrepancies, providing proper guidance for claims mitigation, claims filing and closure, and maintaining/controlling data and system of record integrity.
- Provides regular reporting for management and basic data analysis for the team. Able to obtain data needed for analysis and validate data for accuracy. Must be able to communicate effectively across all levels within the organization.
- High sense of urgency and a self-starter, who thrives to be the SME for FECM and participates as required in non-FECM projects or initiatives that have been selected by Corp. Logistics.
- Actively work with management (managers and Sr. managers) on process improvement projects and job aids, and/or work instructions pertaining to the FECM function.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 1-2 years’ experience required; however, in lieu of consideration will be given to candidates with equivalent 6 years professional experience. Bachelor’s in either accounting/finance, logistics, supply chain, computer science, or engineering disciplines highly desirable.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Professional certificates are desirable, but not required.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Computer proficiency: intermediate level in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required. Proficiency in Microsoft Access desirable.
- TMS (Transportation Mgmt. System) proficiency highly desirable.
- Attention to detail: closely monitor every dollar, be accurate, and make sure everything is in order before processing.
- Math: comfort with numbers, basic equations and their relationships.
- Communication: both written and verbal, including excellent listening skills. Adaptive communication style based on audience.
- Self-Motivated: possess excellent follow-up skills and demonstrate a strong sense of urgency.
- Organization & Time Management: effective and efficient handling of multiple tasks.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time