Manager, Freight Expense & Cargo Claims Mgmt.
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
The Manager, Freight Expense and Cargo Claims Management will be responsible for providing day-to-day supervision and leadership to FECM Speciallists to ensure effective day-to-day execution of, and to drive continuous improvement solution in, the daily review, audit, and processing of (i) carrier freight invoices and adjustments, (ii) supplier and OpCo detention and (iii) freight cargo claims managed by the FECM (Freight Expense & Cargo Claims Mgmt.) team within Sysco Corporate Logistics. Includes, but not limited to, any/all Sysco managed inbound freight shipments within our TMS (Transportation Mgmt. System) servicing operating companies, affiliates, and/or subsidiaries.
High transaction volume with a degree of complexity; there is no one-size-fits-all approach or solution across a vast 3rd party carrier partner and Sysco operating company network. Maintaining proper controls, ensuring accurate and timely processing that complies with Sysco contractural obligations and company policies is paramount.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively evaluates, develops, and improves any/all related procedures, job aids, and/or work instructions pertaining to the FECM function. This includes, but not limited to, the review, analysis, and study of existing carrier accounts, operating company claims events, internal processes and workflows, and TMS configurations to improve productivity, service and quality, and to reduce costs. Will lead training efforts for the team, to include onboarding new associates, and will establish effective cross-training plans to improve the depth and skill within the FECM team.
- Will serve as a project lead, key change agent, and/or critical resource to help drive continuous improvement efforts via direct collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, which includes, but is not limited to, Corp. Logistics (Logistics Systems & Data Control, Carrier Development, NITC, and Market Logistics), Accounts Payable, Operating Companies, and 3rd party intermediaries (e.g. carriers).
- Continuously evaluates the FECM volume and workload demands against resource capacity. Sets, recommends, and/or supports appropriate team and individual workload levels and prioritization. Assists in resolving resource capacity and assignment gaps.
- High sense of urgency and a self-starter, who thrives to be the SME for FECM and participates as required in non-FECM projects or initiatives that have been selected by Corp. Logistics.
- Lead, train and coach a group of specialists in the FECM team. This includes, but is not limited to, daily tasks, new processes, professional skills and employee professional development. Participate in interviewing and hiring FECM specialists.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years’ experience required; however, in lieu of consideration will be given to candidates with equivalent 10 years’ professional experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in either accounting/finance, logistics, supply chain, computer science, or engineering disciplines highly desirable. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum 3 years’ People management experience
- Specific experience with accounting related functions, such as Accounts Payable, Invoice & Audit, Accounts Receivable, or similar, is highly desirable.
- Supply Chain/Logistics related experience is highly desirable.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Professional certificates are desirable, but not required.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Computer Proficiency: intermediate level in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required. Proficiency in Microsoft Access desirable.
- TMS (Transportation Mgmt. System) proficiency highly desirable.
- Attention to detail: closely monitor every dollar, be accurate, and make sure everything is in order before processing.
- Math: comfort with numbers, basic equations and their relationships.
- Analytical: comfort and capability to evaluate complex numbers and find disparities, cost saving opportunities and new solutions.
- Communication: both written and verbal, including excellent listening skills. Adaptive communication style based on audience.
- Self-Motivated: possess excellent follow-up skills and demonstrate a strong sense of urgency.
- Organization & Time Management: effective and efficient handling of multiple tasks.
- People Management Skills
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time